iPhone 4 ?? Locked any iPhone 4that cant be unlocked ?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I am offered a iPhone 4 for 125 us .. Seems a good price , but want to check if there is any iPhone 4 that cant be unlocked and also he says it has a sim ... Are there any that are Cdma? ( no sim ? ) .. I goofed once and ended up with a Samsung cdma so dont want to repeat history ... Most importantly just want to insure that I will be able to jailbrake it . Thanks

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Jailbreaking may or may not be an option based on what version of iOS is installed. It seems that 7.0.x can be jailbroken with evasi0n. If it has 7.1 I think you're screwed. Not sure about iOS 6. There's a bunch of different tools for jailbreaking iOS 6 but I suspect there are subtle differences based on what specific version of the OS is on the phone.

The iPhone 4 came in both CDMA and GSM models. They look almost identical but have different model numbers printed on the back: A1332 (GSM) or A1349 (CDMA). You can go here for details on the two models.

Unlocking is a whole different matter. I gave up on the jailbreak/unlock game because it became way too tedious worrying about each subsequent update to the OS. My solution was to just get a permanent unlock. If it's a US phone, you should be able to get it unlocked since it's more than likely past the initial contract period. There are also permanent unlock solutions on the net. I've used this site: My IMEI Unlock. It's a true permanent unlock. Can't be undone by Apple.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
iphone 4 is one of the most expensive to unlock. Not worthwhile to get a locked phone. Just find a unlocked phone for a little more money and avoid the hassles.

Doncamilo

Jun 22, 2012
if the phone has IOS 7.1 installed.....and it is locked and you cannot get in without the ownser's password.
If you do not have that password or do not know the owner...you will NOT be able to unlock the phone! dont buy it.