another suicide of a german resident

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
She always posts good and bad. It is just a bad reputation but I find her very interesting and useful in her DR and medical information and she has helped me on a pm.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Suicide?

...the reasons for suicide...

Even if it was not suicide, the authorities (police, fiscal INACIF) like the idea that it was. :tired:
Nobody really wants to find out.

donP

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The article indicated that it was unlikely to be a suicide.

As soon as I saw the photo (the position of the handgun) I had my doubts. Two things
have called the attention of investigators: he looks to have been tucked into bed and also the
awkward position of the handgun.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Many years ago as a young constable I went to a gun call. We found the gentleman With his skull half blown off and the cat eating his brains (yes they will eat you before your dog does...sorry cat people). We found the note and the spent shell with the body. The detectives attended and declared it a suicide. We waited for the coroner and when the body removal people attended on of them handed me another spent shotgun shell...uh oh! Put him back down. Call the detectives back. It took them 5 hours to figure out how he had slightly missed with the first shot and completed the deed with the second one. I think maybe it was the easier conclusion. That is one of the reasons I wanted to become a detective!

May 5, 2007
As soon as I saw the photo (the position of the handgun) I had my doubts. Two things
have called the attention of investigators: he looks to have been tucked into bed and also the
awkward position of the handgun.

What do you mean by awkward? Puts muzzle to head with left hand, pulls trigger, muscles relax, revolver falls where it lays Contrary to television the hand does not always hold on to the firearm

But then again, the only one who really knows is dead :-(

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The article indicated that it was unlikely to be a suicide.

i did not mention this because that would likely trigger off topic post right off the bat. i could not say. people who commit suicides do the strangest things sometimes. maybe he was left handed? supported himself with the pillow and when the body became limp it changed position?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The contractor who installed my parking lot committeed suicide after his sons death. He shot himself in the head and lived. He walked to the bathroom, looked in the mirror then went back into the bedroom and shot himself once more.
The blood trails told the story. How sad is that. I feel bad for anyobe who takes the route

drescape24

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
What do you mean by awkward? Puts muzzle to head with left hand, pulls trigger, muscles relax, revolver falls where it lays Contrary to television the hand does not always hold on to the firearm

But then again, the only one who really knows is dead :-(

I said awkward because it looks that way from the gunshot wound on the forehead (middle). He
supposedly used his left hand to shoot himself right in the middle of his forehead.

Now if the gunshot wound would've been on the left side of the face (temple area) then there
would be less doubt or speculation.

Unless a person is a lefty, isn't it difficult to do as this is the weaker hand?

May 5, 2007
I said awkward because it looks that way from the gunshot wound on the forehead (middle). He
supposedly used his left hand to shoot himself right in the middle of his forehead.

Now if the gunshot wound would've been on the left side of the face (temple area) then there
would be less doubt or speculation.

Unless a person is a lefty, isn't it difficult to do as this is the weaker hand?

I guess, my brief police career never made it to the position of defective I'm just thinking simple anatomy and physiology. He could very well have been left handed, ambidextrous or...who knows I just tried it with an unloaded finger, I'm right handed but using the left works Only takes about 4-8 pounds of pressure on finger, much less if it was a cocked double action (DA is when a revolver is able to have the hammer pulled back into firing position and then pull the trigger OR also able to pull the trigger and cocking/firing in on emotion) I think when TV program use the old "He was left handed so couldn’t have done it" refers to "Why would left handed person use right hand, not impossible but not as likely

What did I babble on about now? I was just trying to say "Who knows really, could have been"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do a "Gun Powder Residue Test"on his "Dominicana"!!!!!!!!
Case Solved!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You can find her at "The Beach" looking for her next " Mi Amor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
It is called a GSR test and should be done in every shooting on the victim and every person of interest asap. My old partner let a suspect go to the bathroom and the guy peed on his hands. He was not my partner much longer after that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"SOMETHING" tells me they don't go many "GSR" tests here!
It's easier to go "Low Tech".
Beat the HELL out of the suspect to get a confession!
We could use some of THAT "Up North"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
diaro libre also mentions this death: Policia Nacional reporta la muerte de siete - DiarioLibre.com

El alem?n Fruhen fue hallado muerto ayer en la ma?ana en su vivienda de Villa Islab?n, en Sabaneta de Y?sica, Puerto Plata, por su esposa la tambi?n alemana Monika Mar?a Deutsch, de 65 a?os, quien avis? a la Polic?a.
La esposa del comerciante Alem?n dijo que estaba separada de ?ste desde hac?a alg?n tiempo a causa de lo cual dorm?an en cuartos diferentes y que ayer al levantarse lo hall? en un charco de sangre con una herida de bala en la frente.
El comerciante alem?n dej? una nota escrita en la cual explica que tom? la decisi?n de suicidarse debido a la separaci?n con su esposa.