If you own a firearm in the DR, what brand do you have?

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
My little peashooter......

sfarmb.jpg

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I think it's the .45 ACP and (maybe the .357 magnum also) that has always been considered a "military round" here and illegal to own.

May 5, 2007
I think it's the .45 ACP and (maybe the .357 magnum also) that has always been considered a "military round" here and illegal to own.

Thanks, for some reason I thought there was some discussion about 9mm not being allowed and it didn't make much sense being nesarly the same as a .38

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
Am I able to purchase and carry a gun without a cedula. I have been using my passport for everything wondering if it works with gun ownership as well. Also, I was wanting to bring my glock to the island from USA. anyone know about that? Can I just pay a tax? or is it totally not allowed?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Am I able to purchase and carry a gun without a cedula. I have been using my passport for everything wondering if it works with gun ownership as well. Also, I was wanting to bring my glock to the island from USA. anyone know about that? Can I just pay a tax? or is it totally not allowed?

Not possible for a legal one.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Guns, gun parts and ammo not allowed to be imported to/by the public.
To own/carry must be a citizen or permanent legal resident.

Yearly cost of permit, medical and ballistic test for pistols now stands at about $10,000 pesos a year.
Shotguns are a one time life time permit. (So far)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I have a Magnum .357 the most powerful hand gun in the world and it will blow your head clean off. My other gun is a Dominican water pistol good for stopping the dog from barking at other dogs and people. Also have a shoulder mounted surface to air missle in the spare bedroom. I bring it out on the balcony every once an a while if the neighbors across the way get too noisy. Do you feel lucky??