Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One Way Ticket- Delta

Just called Delta to add a new born baby to my flight itinerary.

The agent gave me a ear full about me needing a round trip or forward destination and that I "could" be denied entrance in the Dominican Republic.... she was citing some sort of "new" rule.

Has anyone been denied entrance to the DR or on a Delta flight because of having a one way?

We are going Minneapolis to JFK to Santiago within the next week.

She repeatedly told me that I need to contact the U.S. Embassy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

All flights to DR now are required to have a roundtrip travel. To avoid get denied, simple reserve a pending 24 hour flight few hours before the flight and show them that you have return back travel. It works for me.

You dont need to contact US Embassy that IF you are staying for more than 30 days.

That was from my experience.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been multiple threads about this. The consensus is that the airline at JFK 'might' deny you boarding without a return ticket - by law they are supposed to. The recommendation is to buy a refundable return ticket and cash it in once you arrive in DR. [Are you not returning to the US??]

No one in DR has ever been questioned about a return flight, they don't even have access to that information.

Administrator
    DR1.com

4. Likes Criss Colon, msnerdybirdy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure when/if we are coming back and if all family members will be traveling back at the same time.

That's why I have a one way for myself and kids. My husband is traveling with us, he has a round trip ticket because he is coming back to work in a few weeks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared if you stay more than 30 days, you will pay a fee, if you not aware about it.

See photo:

7. Likes Viajero liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.... I know the pay scale.

I will be working on getting my dual citizenship there. I'm married to a Dominican and getting the kids Dominican passports.

They never charge us (at SDQ) when we leave if I am with my husband and step-son that are Dominicans. They charge me if I am traveling alone.

But either way... yes, I know there is a possibly fee incurred for staying longer.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I fly Delta out of Atlanta all the time on one way tickets but then I have residency here. Only asked about it one time at check in and only had to show them my Cedula and tell them I live there.

kfrancis

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been traveling in and out on one way tickets for years. POP & STI.... Never had a problem. As the above poster states, I also have residency.
    Cheers!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Those that have Dominican residency are not require to show proof of return to their country of origin as they are legal residents of the DR. Only those that don't have their residency or citizenship are "by law" required to have a return ticket. Many have never been asked for their return ticket at the airport, some have. A friend had to purchase 3 open return tickets last year when leaving from Florida or they wouldn't let her board. So again, either a reimbursable ticket or a ticket you can cancel within 24 hours would be recommendable if you don't want the possible hassle at the airport.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

totally different animal for residents.

visitors s/b req'd to have a return ticket - not always enforced.
    numerous threads on this.....

13. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast