Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They can't even make money from garbage

The other day I was in Ochoa and I noticed that the workers were going to trash some plastic panels. It would be a total loss to put them in a bin for disposal. Some of these panels had corners broken or small chips on the edges or punch markes on one side or the other, totally useless for use as ceiling panels.

I asked the supervisior what he wanted for them and he tells me with a smile that he can give them to me for 25 % off. That would put them at 120 each. I started at 75 and went to 100 but he didn't budge a peso. I explained to him that it would be a total loss if it wasn't for my offer to buy all 10 pieces. No dice....

I ended up buying only one, the others I saw the guys stomping on in the bin.

WILL THEY EVER LEARN????????

2. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have removed them from the bin after they disposed of them. It would have been free...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

they made sure they were worthless. Broke them to pieces

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly how they treat X girlfriends & Wives!
    "I might now want them anymore, buy YOU can't have them"!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

6. Likes Bronxboy, rogerjac, kampinge liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear they do stuff like this all the time at Home Depot and LOWES. It's too much trouble to reshelve items that have been returned or damaged so they toss them into the dumpster after breaking them beyond repair. I expect some of the stuff finds its way onto Craigslist or Ebay. It's a write off at full retail price so they don't lose much money.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    I hear they do stuff like this all the time at Home Depot and LOWES. It's too much trouble to reshelve items that have been returned or damaged so they toss them into the dumpster after breaking them beyond repair. I expect some of the stuff finds its way onto Craigslist or Ebay. It's a write off at full retail price so they don't lose much money.
    No its not a write-off at retail! And even to record it as an expense at cost is not contributing to profit.

Sometimes the vendor of the product will process a return without the item being returned as long as the item is destroyed.

Tom Meyers, MBA/US

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of the mentality I once had for an employee. She did not want a raise because it would put her into the next tax bracket. You can't fix stupid.

10. Likes Criss Colon, rogerjac liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    This reminds me of the mentality I once had for an employee. She did not want a raise because it would put her into the next tax bracket. You can't fix stupid.
    there is some sense in that, actually. the brackets are very close together:
    Rentas desde RD$399,923.01 hasta RD$599,884.00:15% del excedente de RD$399,923.01
    ​Rentas desde RD$599,884.01 hasta RD$833,171.00: RD$29,994.00 más el 20% del excedente de RD$599,884.01
    ​Rentas desde RD$833,171.01 en adelante: RD$76,652.00 más el 25% del excedente de RD$833,171.01

so if you make 599k pesos a year you pay 15% of 199,007 = 28,861 pesos in taxes
    if you earn 600k pesos a year, just a 1000 pesos more a year you pay 29,994 plus 92.80 = 30,086 pesos in taxes.
    Last edited by dv8; 05-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Stupid IS, As "STUPID" Posts"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks "FISH"!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago my mother worked in a store where they tore off the front cover of the magazines and books that they didn't sell and retuned those to the distributor. The books and magazines were supposed to be garbage. They were, after we read them all.

14. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast