Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Cable Providers Steal the Signal

Many cable companies steal satellite signals, top official warns

Santo Domingo.- National Copyright Office (Onda) director Marino Feliz Terrero on Thursday revealed a high number of copyright violations, related to satellite signals for programs across the country.

He said Onda works in all provinces to halt the practice, where a high number of TV cable service providers operate illegally and cannot obtain contracts or permits as legal suppliers, called signal source producer entities.

The official called on the Dominican Telecomm Institute (INDOTEL) to define the legal status of those companies, since Dominican Republic assumed major commitments by signing the U.S.-Central America-Dominican Republic (CAFTA-DR) free trade agreement.

this is in direct contravention of WTO and CAFTA agreements. funny how the government does nothing about it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the usual monthly cable fee?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    What is the usual monthly cable fee?
    we pay 650 in POP for Telecable.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, that's funny. We just got cable hooked up in Sosua, and every once in a while the channel would go out and the Dish Network 'Searching for Signal' message would pop up. I was curious, now I know!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drSix View Post
    Yea, that's funny. We just got cable hooked up in Sosua, and every once in a while the channel would go out and the Dish Network 'Searching for Signal' message would pop up. I was curious, now I know!
    the searching for signal interval is the time between the signal being lost, and the tech guy coming over to hack some codes.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Stealing", in the DR,.."Who Knew"???????????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    the searching for signal interval is the time between the signal being lost, and the tech guy coming over to hack some codes.
    Truth be known, the local guys no longer can hack the codes for DISH. That became impossible with Nagra3. Now it is about card sharing.

Why Nagra 3 will NOT be out - FTA Files Forums for all FTA Satellite Receivers

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drSix View Post
    This was my suspicion as well whenever the "searching for signal" message came up on my cable tv subscription (not satellite) - so I had a feeling the cable company was hacking in to some satellite signals...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes JD, that is precisely what my point is. As long as there is enough bandwidth from the server, there are no dropouts from the card sharing over the internet. When more people are sharing than the system can respond to, you get freezes and dropouts.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    dropouts .
    Nice subliminal advertising for your band!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast