HELP NEEDED - Good Gynecologist !!!!

tavarez1982

Jun 29, 2012
Hi,

I live in Puerto Plata, am pregnant but with a number of medical complications...

Unfortunately I do not believe in or trust my current gynecologist.

Can anyone please recommend a good gynecologist, bearing in mind I am probably going to need a c-section!!! I do speak Spanish, but a doc that did speak a little English would be a benefit!!!

Thanks in advance for your help and advise!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
see this note of mine from another thread:

skip POP are and head directly for santiago. my doctor is in clinica union medica:
Manuel P?rez Fern?ndez
Especialidad: Ginecolog?a Y Obstetricia
Ubicaci?n: Torre A, Nivel 2, Suite 206
Tel?fono: 809-226-8686, Ext: 4206
Celular: 809-883-6793

i really recommend santiago. much better care there.

btw, who is your gynecologist?

tavarez1982

Jun 29, 2012
see this note of mine from another thread:

i really recommend santiago. much better care there.

btw, who is your gynecologist?

Hi,

Not sure if going to Santiago is an option in my current condition. Due to the travelling and other medical problems... If that wasn't a consideration would defo go...

I currently seeing Dr Lizardo at Centro Medico...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
try enrique mancebo, also in centro medico, he is supposedly the best in POP. and see if you can get cleared for travel to santiago, just in case.

edited to add: i have also heard good things about bienvenido cid from clinica gregorio hernandez. lots of clients in the pharmacy were praising him. i have not used him thou so i cannot speak from experience. maybe visit both and see who you like and trust more.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
My wife had endometriosis here in NY. No doc here would really look into it and didn't even diagnose her. We went to DR on vacation and decided to go to IREGCI in Santiago. They are very talented and professional. http://iregci.com.do/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I do not live on the North Coast so do not know if travel to Santo Domingo is any easier that Santiago.. probably not. However, the women at the International Women's Club all seem to hold Tamara Frankenberg in extremely high regard.. Much higher than any other doctor. So if you want just ONE check up.. I would recommend that you chose her.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/doctors_and_hospitals.pdf

tavarez1982

Jun 29, 2012
Thank You

try enrique mancebo, also in centro medico, he is supposedly the best in POP. and see if you can get cleared for travel to santiago, just in case.

edited to add: i have also heard good things about bienvenido cid from clinica gregorio hernandez. lots of clients in the pharmacy were praising him. i have not used him thou so i cannot speak from experience. maybe visit both and see who you like and trust more.

Hi,

Thank you so much for that information....

I will definitely try them both and see how I get on...

My concern with Santiago and travelling is as well as being pregnant I have 2 hernias on my lower back... Also there is now a complication with the pregnancy....

I am soo glad someone was able to provide some useful advise!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
glad we could help. let us know if you liked any of the doctors. mancebo speaks english, no sure how good. do not hesitate to ask questions, you have the right to be well informed. if you are given any medicine inquire what is it for, what does it do. verify the info on the internet.

good luck.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I wish you the best of luck with the doctors and with the rest of your pregnancy.