good scrap yard?

gray

Apr 11, 2013
hey fellow dr1 lurkers

i am looking for a good scrap yard that would have a peugeot 406 or many.
looking for a few parts and a go to guys for when i break down

much thanks for any info

Gray

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have never seen a "Good 'Ol Usa Junk Yard" here.
But, if you find the biggest "Auto Repustos" store near you, and tell them EXACTLY what you need, they can find just about ANYTHING!
But a "Peugeot"?????????
THAT may be a different story.
Always buy a Toyota, ANY model Toyota!
Dominican women actually carry Toyota parts in their "Panties"!!!!
That's where "She's Got Junk In The Trunk" came from!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
There is one in Santiago on Juan Pablo Duarte. Heading from Santiago it is right before the exit for Moca on Autopista Duarte.

Apr 13, 2011
The car parts "hunt" can be interesting and challenging. I remember going with someone to a street in Santo Domingo (do not remember the name of the street) - and it was lined with car part shops, one after the other, down both sides of the street. We went to one shop, looking for some obscure part, they did not have it, but said to check at "such and such" a few shops down, because they tend to carry more of that... That went on for a few shops until finally someone actually had the part. In some ways, I wonder how they can all survive by all being in the same place. But then again, there were many mechanics and others "value shopping" for car parts, so in other ways it is convenient to have all a bunch of options to shop at all together.

gray

Apr 11, 2013
Where are you located?

close to barahona in the south west, but something in Santo Domingo would do

So i am about 3.5 hrs from SD

The car parts "hunt" can be interesting and challenging. I remember going with someone to a street in Santo Domingo (do not remember the name of the street) - and it was lined with car part shops, one after the other, down both sides of the street. We went to one shop, looking for some obscure part, they did not have it, but said to check at "such and such" a few shops down, because they tend to carry more of that... That went on for a few shops until finally someone actually had the part. In some ways, I wonder how they can all survive by all being in the same place. But then again, there were many mechanics and others "value shopping" for car parts, so in other ways it is convenient to have all a bunch of options to shop at all together.

That street name would be great to know or the area so i can ask

Gray

Apr 13, 2011
That street name would be great to know or the area so i can ask
Gray

Someone who has lived in Santo Domingo longer than me might be able to help with the name of the street that had all the different used car part stores located all together...

Apr 13, 2011
Which one? There's more than a few.

Villa Juana is probably one of the biggest areas, followed by Isabela Aguiar.

That is part of my problem with being able to help more. I have no idea which one in Santo Domingo that I was taken to. I just remember that both sides of the entire street were lined with car parts shop after car parts shop....
Glad that you could name a couple of areas for him!