Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Does anyone besides me think DR1 posters cross the line into mysogyny?

    I am referring to use of certain terms like cuera and the ubiquitous chica which I find are used as pejoratives. So much of the conversation regarding dominican women wouldn't be tolerated among polite company outside this forum. The assumption that Women are shallow and exist for the plessure of men. In this case mostly foreigners. I engage in self censorship regarding forum guidelines. should there be a discussion of how mostly men here refer to women? Would such language be acceptable if the object of discussion was your daughter?

    If this thread is inappropriate a mod is welcome to close it right away.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not all posters can be accused of that but I understand your position.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    I am referring to use of certain terms like cuera and the ubiquitous chica which I find are used as pejoratives. So much of the conversation regarding dominican women wouldn't be tolerated among polite company outside this forum. The assumption that Women are shallow and exist for the plessure of men. In this case mostly foreigners. I engage in self censorship regarding forum guidelines. should there be a discussion of how mostly men here refer to women? Would such language be acceptable if the object of discussion was your daughter?

    If this thread is inappropriate a mod is welcome to close it right away.
    the fact that most of the posters here refer to Dominican people in a manner in which they would not reference their own people tells the whole story.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    I am referring to use of certain terms like cuera and the ubiquitous chica which I find are used as pejoratives. So much of the conversation regarding dominican women wouldn't be tolerated among polite company outside this forum. The assumption that Women are shallow and exist for the plessure of men. In this case mostly foreigners. I engage in self censorship regarding forum guidelines. should there be a discussion of how mostly men here refer to women? Would such language be acceptable if the object of discussion was your daughter?
    Keep in mind that a certain number of DR1 posters are whore mongers. They typically have a different view of women than non mongers. If we talked about their Mothers, daughters and the rest of their female family members with less than respect they wouldn't like it either. I accept the way they speak about women. I wouldn't accept it from a non monger.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 05-18-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: fix quote

  5. Likes cobraboy liked this post
  6. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    I am referring to use of certain terms like cuera and the ubiquitous chica which I find are used as pejoratives. So much of the conversation regarding dominican women wouldn't be tolerated among polite company outside this forum. The assumption that Women are shallow and exist for the plessure of men. In this case mostly foreigners. I engage in self censorship regarding forum guidelines. should there be a discussion of how mostly men here refer to women? Would such language be acceptable if the object of discussion was your daughter?

    If this thread is inappropriate a mod is welcome to close it right away.

    You may be right, but in the defense of SOME:

    a. Polite company outside of this forum wouldnt know how the women behave to know it if it is true or not. They can be offended but being offended while discussing the truth isnt as heinous, to me, as being offended while lying out the side of your face.

    b. Excepting any foreign man exploiting the women here doesnt mean that the local men dont do it and that they dont it any worse(and definitely NOT any better). Everyone here knows of a woman who gave a dude babies by the dozen only to be dumped and then this guy may not even contribute to their upbringing. Or the frequent reports of guys waling on their women every weekend. Or the guy who spent his whole check in one weekend getting drunk. Or for that matter the women he gave money to who wasted the money getting her hair done, her nails done and some shoes to wear to a place she doesnt have money to ENTER, while never buying any food for her home and children. Or the guy who kills his old love-interest because she dumped him for a "more prosperous" person. I have never heard of a foreign dude say "I put my foot in her arse because she didnt [do this or that]." We, usually, just decide to dump the babe for wasting our time(and money).

    c. If the perception is that the women are shallow, my question to you is how much of their own behavior has lead many of the posters to believe this? Also with the existence solely for the pleasure of men, I dont think many of these women(and I am comfortable saying many, defining this as a bit more than the mere majority(IOW, way greater than 51% of the general female populace) have anything to offer besides sexual gratitudes.

    d. If a "chica" is a "cuera" then there isnt much you can do to change that. She made that decision. It is the same as if I came outside in a seer-sucker suit and big yellow clown shoes. This was a decision I made to wear this attire.

    e. I feel you are going on in some "exploitative patriarchy" campaign. I disagree, wholeheartedly. Almost everyones biases are based on actual interaction with the women here so in all honesty and due respect many of their perceptions are accurate.

  7. Likes bluemoonnyc, silkesmo, sosuamatt liked this post
  8. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This topic does make me wonder what people from say Pakistan or India who are abundant in the US and operate businesses there say about Americans when discussing issues on their online forums..

  9. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    This topic does make me wonder what people from say Pakistan or India who are abundant in the US and operate businesses there say about Americans when discussing issues on their online forums..
    Ask AZB

  10. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
  11. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    I am referring to use of certain terms like cuera and the ubiquitous chica which I find are used as pejoratives. So much of the conversation regarding dominican women wouldn't be tolerated among polite company outside this forum. The assumption that Women are shallow and exist for the plessure of men. In this case mostly foreigners. I engage in self censorship regarding forum guidelines. should there be a discussion of how mostly men here refer to women? Would such language be acceptable if the object of discussion was your daughter?

    If this thread is inappropriate a mod is welcome to close it right away.
    Yes, without a doubt. There are some men on this site, who will remain nameless, lump all Domincan women into one category, in an effort to make themselves look macho and a man's man. This is sad really, because we don't care about your ego or the size of your manhood. You would think after years of living here that their attitude has changed but it seems that on this forum they need to continual look at all Domincan women as whores. Shame on these guys for your narrow mindedness and your small package. You are obviously over compensating for something that you are lacking. Unfortunately the size of your brain capacity wil also be narrow minded

  12. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    35,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Yes, without a doubt. There are some men on this site, who will remain nameless, lump all Domincan women into one category, in an effort to make themselves look macho and a man's man. This is sad really, because we don't care about your ego or the size of your manhood. You would think after years of living here that their attitude has changed but it seems that on this forum they need to continual look at all Domincan women as whores. Shame on these guys for your narrow mindedness and your small package. You are obviously over compensating for something that you are lacking. Unfortunately the size of your brain capacity wil also be narrow minded
    In the mind of mongers, all women-not just Dominicans-are nothing but pleasure receptacles.

    When one's only tool is a hammer, every job looks like a nail.

  13. Likes N/A, mountainannie, Bronxboy liked this post
  14. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am dominican and I agree with OP. Thats why i laugh everytime a person gets stiffed by one of these said "cuero's". I'm all for gentlemans clubs and sex tourism but if this is the only basis for you getting laid or having a social life then you are a loser. and i rather be a cuero than a loser any day.... except Cuba dave. he's a national treasure.

    I read thru most of your threads and it seems like the cuero's are winning. All i see is ex-pat's wailing when a cuero runs off wit their money.

    With all that said. Most of you are complete idiots for marrying these "cuero's".....who in their right mind would marry a prostitute???

  15. Likes bronzeallspice, kaykat18987, Rosss liked this post
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •