Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation NC: People trying to get you to pull over!

I know many know about this scam but new members may not so beware!

F.Y.I. The scam continues on the roads in the DR. Yesterday we were going to Puerta Plata. We were near Fun City when we heard a bang on the back of the car--sounded like a big stone hit the back of us as a car was passing. Luckily, we had already heard about the scam that has been going on in the area--so as the car passed us and the owner of that car tried to get us to pull over--we just waved and kept going. The scammer pulled into Fun City and right back out again. The Scam---people are trying to get you to pull over to say they saw a problem with the car. Then they will try to get money from you, while pretending the whole time that they are trying to help you. This has happened already to some of our friends--its bull****--be wise out there my friends.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i follow do-not-stop-ever policy. few times i was driving and i heard that something hit the car from the back or side. i just look in the mirrors to make sure no victims and keep on driving.

3. Likes Harleysrock, Crytonb99 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes..I suggest getting tinted windows, it gives ladrones something to think about ;-)

5. Likes Harleysrock, Criss Colon, Crytonb99 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GioMed View Post
    Yes..I suggest getting tinted windows, it gives ladrones something to think about ;-)
    Yup! I love having our windows tinted, would not want to drive here otherwise!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GioMed View Post
    i tried to drive SIL's car but i needed to lower the windows to see anything after dusk and i drove it on stop lights because i could see from the front window either. useless. i prefer to put my usual vicious face of a french bulldog licking sour pi** off the dried up thistle. works well.

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i tried to drive SIL's car but i needed to lower the windows to see anything after dusk and i drove it on stop lights because i could see from the front window either. useless. i prefer to put my usual vicious face of a french bulldog licking sour pi** off the dried up thistle. works well.
    If I could do your mean sourpuss face we wouldn't need the tinted windows but the wife and I can't do it and we try!
    You need to WHIP us into shape!!
    I have to roll down my window at night too but LOVE no one knowing we are gringos!!
    We had to rent a car while in SD bc our car was dead and it didn't have tinted windows and we felt naked! Not that it is a bad thing to be naked but I feel much safer in stealth mode!

10. Likes CMercedes liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    You need to WHIP us into shape!!

12. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep happened to me and my wife. Between Pop and the RIU resorts. I pulled over but soon realized what was going on and pulled away as the guy getting out of his car.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I know many know about this scam but new members may not so beware!

F.Y.I. The scam continues on the roads in the DR. Yesterday we were going to Puerta Plata. We were near Fun City when we heard a bang on the back of the car--sounded like a big stone hit the back of us as a car was passing. Luckily, we had already heard about the scam that has been going on in the area--so as the car passed us and the owner of that car tried to get us to pull over--we just waved and kept going. The scammer pulled into Fun City and right back out again. The Scam---people are trying to get you to pull over to say they saw a problem with the car. Then they will try to get money from you, while pretending the whole time that they are trying to help you. This has happened already to some of our friends--its bull****--be wise out there my friends.
    I'll be checking out Fun City this week, I would LOVE to see those guys pull that stunt with me

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    I thought I was getting old when I bought the Peugeot 307 we have that had tinted windows. I had it removed after one week cause I couldn't see any car coming on the intersections after it would become dark.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast