Posting Job opportunity at UASD, UTESA, PUCMM, etc...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Do any of the big universities have some kind of Job Placement service? I'm looking to fill a position in Cabarete for someone with computer/web design skills and thought a recent Computer Science grad might be a fit.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Do any of the big universities have some kind of Job Placement service? I'm looking to fill a position in Cabarete for someone with computer/web design skills and thought a recent Computer Science grad might be a fit.

Do they need to speak English?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Do they need to speak English?

Yes...fluent in English...able to set up and administer simple Wordpress websites, some photoshop-type skills are helpful, along with basic computer and internet skills. They don't have to be Dominican, ex-pats are certainly welcome, but the salary will be on the high-end of local pay scale.

R

rosey

Hi David,

Is the job still available? Can you give me more info? Please pm me.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
rosey, david was not posting a job, he was asking if any of the universities had job placement programs.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
As the owner of an internet marketing and communications company I don't believe they have any good programs of the kind down there. I know quite a few businesses in town who just don't have it together. Look at Guzman Ariza - they have a captive audience to help with legal problems on here are inconsistent even replying to people posting questions.

I thought at one point to outsource some work down there and could not find anyone even trainable. I think you may be S.O.L though in terms of the universities that are training in the current skills needed to do that job (and I am not being negative because I am all for creating opportunity for students) but you may consider trying like one of those e-lance freelance sites. Another recommendation - if you build your site in Wordpress it will significantly reduced the level of skilled resource you will need to maintain it because WP offers a idiot proof CMS. There is a huge need in DR for online marketing companies. Not my market because budgets just aren't there but man does this makes me want to open a internet marketing school lol...