Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Presupuesto para dinero

I live with my girlfriend who is "pure" dominicana. When I say pure, I mean she behaves very dominican in the house which means she cleans, cooks, buys the food, does everything needed in casa.

But as everyone knows here, money can be a problem in a relation between foreigner and dominicana.
    I had this kind of problem before and dont want that any more. Then I guess I found a good solution:
    I fixed a monthly budget which must include everything. For instance, 1000 us$ per month (for the rent, gasolina, restaurants, food, absolutely all the expenses...)

I give her the money at the beginning of the months and she is responsible for it. If I need to buy something, I tell her and she gives me the money or go and buy it for me. Of course, she must plan the expenses so that there is still some money to finish the month.

And it works perfect. She is very carefull with the money. I guess its because she considers its hers.
    I know where I go moneywise speaking. No more money problems and I dont have to take care of it

Maybe you can use this solution tambien

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This may work for you, but I would like for you to share more details. It is too simple to say "I set a budget of 41,000 pesos mensual and I hand it off to her and it works easy breezy." You have to itemize for us what are your expenses so we know where this money goes and then how much is left for disposable expenses. Then tell us how much you allow her to have on the 1st of the month and what remains on the 30th.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my god.

5. Likes Criss Colon, TP666 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, its quite simple, the budget must cover all the expenses of the month and she is responsible for that. Absolutely everything (rent, clothes, electricity, food, salon for her, entertainment...) And I dont really care where the money goes as long as we can buy all the things we need for the household and that I can buy things I want to buy. And what is very important is that I exactly know how much money will be spent in the month. If we must buy expensive things, like a car, the amount will be spread on a few months.

And it works. My feeling is: before she would ask me money for different things and she would not really care...
    Now I have the feeling that she considers the budget is her own money and she must be carefull to last with it until the last day of the month. I guess its a bit like in a company: it's always better to give poeple responsabilities...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And my basic question is how did you eat last year???

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Derfish, I dont get your question: what do you mean by these women. there is only one here

I eat perfect: she buys everything, cooks...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ok I understand... Yes it can eventually be copied...
    What I know is that before I set up this budget thing, my monthly expenses were higher and my life was more complicated.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

@RepDom. I like your idea and it seems feasable with the right woman which it seems you have, but I have to ask how long have you been doing this, and have you discussed with her what happens if she fails to meet months end. Id also like to know if she has ever came up short and what would happen if she did? One last question, what about unforseen expenses such as medical or car repair? Is that included into your budget?

11. Likes drstock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda understand what he is getting at... but I think thats normal in all countries.... myself, my wife pays the luz, agua, phones and cable... I pay the house and food.... we both have our own budgets.... now I just wish I could teach our daughter to budget her leche y compota.....

13. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

not every woman (or a man) would be able to follow a restricted budget after being allowed more freedom previously. but i think it is a wise choice. a sense of an income can bring balance in ones life.

so good job. keep us posted how things go.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast