Presupuesto para dinero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I live with my girlfriend who is "pure" dominicana. When I say pure, I mean she behaves very dominican in the house which means she cleans, cooks, buys the food, does everything needed in casa.

But as everyone knows here, money can be a problem in a relation between foreigner and dominicana.
I had this kind of problem before and dont want that any more. Then I guess I found a good solution:
I fixed a monthly budget which must include everything. For instance, 1000 us$ per month (for the rent, gasolina, restaurants, food, absolutely all the expenses...)

I give her the money at the beginning of the months and she is responsible for it. If I need to buy something, I tell her and she gives me the money or go and buy it for me. Of course, she must plan the expenses so that there is still some money to finish the month.

And it works perfect. She is very carefull with the money. I guess its because she considers its hers.
I know where I go moneywise speaking. No more money problems and I dont have to take care of it

Maybe you can use this solution tambien
:)

Apr 7, 2014
This may work for you, but I would like for you to share more details. It is too simple to say "I set a budget of 41,000 pesos mensual and I hand it off to her and it works easy breezy." You have to itemize for us what are your expenses so we know where this money goes and then how much is left for disposable expenses. Then tell us how much you allow her to have on the 1st of the month and what remains on the 30th.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well, its quite simple, the budget must cover all the expenses of the month and she is responsible for that. Absolutely everything (rent, clothes, electricity, food, salon for her, entertainment...) And I dont really care where the money goes as long as we can buy all the things we need for the household and that I can buy things I want to buy. And what is very important is that I exactly know how much money will be spent in the month. If we must buy expensive things, like a car, the amount will be spread on a few months.

And it works. My feeling is: before she would ask me money for different things and she would not really care...
Now I have the feeling that she considers the budget is her own money and she must be carefull to last with it until the last day of the month. I guess its a bit like in a company: it's always better to give poeple responsabilities...

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Derfish, I dont get your question: what do you mean by these women. there is only one here

I eat perfect: she buys everything, cooks...

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok I understand... Yes it can eventually be copied...
What I know is that before I set up this budget thing, my monthly expenses were higher and my life was more complicated.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
@RepDom. I like your idea and it seems feasable with the right woman which it seems you have, but I have to ask how long have you been doing this, and have you discussed with her what happens if she fails to meet months end. Id also like to know if she has ever came up short and what would happen if she did? One last question, what about unforseen expenses such as medical or car repair? Is that included into your budget?

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
I kinda understand what he is getting at... but I think thats normal in all countries.... myself, my wife pays the luz, agua, phones and cable... I pay the house and food.... we both have our own budgets.... now I just wish I could teach our daughter to budget her leche y compota.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not every woman (or a man) would be able to follow a restricted budget after being allowed more freedom previously. but i think it is a wise choice. a sense of an income can bring balance in ones life.

so good job. keep us posted how things go.

Aug 6, 2006
She seems to be a smart and clever woman. All people are individuals, and some can be responsible and organized.

Perhaps someday you will discover that she did it all on $900 a month and had saved up money for emergencies that never occurred.

In Mexico, I had a girlfriend whose father used to say, "hombre prevenido vale por dos," and then her mother would say, "?mujer prevenida vale por TRES!" This was a cue to smile and laugh.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Of course, it wont work with every girl... But it seems to work here and its been 3 months. From now on she has not failed. But if she fails we have agreed that the money would be reported on the next month. Of course, if there is a big unexpected expense, it wont be her fault and we would deal with it wisely.

Apr 7, 2014
Sorry I was extrapolating to the population at large. Your example was presented presumably as something others could copy. "hese women" are those who cannot quite make it with what their gringo buys them, but had lived to the age of 36 or 42 or what ever and presumably eaten every day on a lot less money.

True. I GET IT. You are, RepDom dude, apParently giving your babe way more money than she would normally have been exposed to by a factor of 4-8x.
Does she work and contribute an income to your household also? Even though it is not needed it can instill time management skills, etc.
Does she have children? Does her family visit often?

Specifically...not being intrusive: what is ur rent? Entertainment costs? Utilities? As a percentage of that.$1000? Do u give her allowance.for the salon and/or clothes? And/or $$$ for mama & papa?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

tao112

Jul 6, 2011
Sounds sick to give her 1000 dollars ecery month....tell her to get a job and pay for her own expenses...the most you should give her is 3.000-4000 pesos a month that should cover the salon and nails..anything more is pure stupidity

katalina

Jan 14, 2014
I am dominican, my husband is canadian. We are married 6 1/2 years now. He has been retired for many years. I pay for our life here with the budget he gave me starting the first month we where married. At first it was stressful having to make all the decisions but he did help with advice from time to time.

I believe I have used the money wisely. I can account for most of it with my current net worth which includes a house and all the furnishings and my own car. He is well taken care of with his favorite foods and a clean house. I will let you all just guess what else I do for him to keep him happy :)

We are going to Canada on next Sunday for about 5 months, I am paying for this trip since it is part business for me. I hope to have a profitable time. He has a small acreage in northern ontario where I will be building a log cabin for us...hopefully, that is, if the canadian government approves the TFW visas for the workers I need.

I also am looking at a small business in Bruce Mines and maybe eventually a new log house overlooking the lake. He wants to do a bit of boating there in the 30000 islands, he says it is very pretty. Anybody from that area who would like to share some insights. I know a little off topic but how many dominican women do you all know that have started from allmost nothing and now am in a position to change the lives of many family and friends by finding them work in canada.

My husband entrusted me with a lot of money along with the responsibilities. He seems happy so that is all that counts.

We are all individuals so different, some women from any country, would just take all the money and spend it unwisely....I did not!

To contest some of the negative comments my husband is not stupid, my various business incomes now pay for our life here and his money is no longer needed. He has not transfered any funds here for more than a year now and counting.

Apr 7, 2014
In your case it appears to work out fine, but for many others they dont necessarily get an industrious woman. They get the woman who dreams of being a housewife to an ATM. RepDom dude might have a good thing, he very well may have that. But I m curious to the kind of input and manipulation his woman is getting from her female friends who slip those barbs into her head that she should be getting MORE. It happens all the time. They appear to have a good thing going when all of a sudden she becomes demanding and deserving. Someone put her up to it.

Another thing, people keep saying they still eat what they want to and favorite foods and all...I m curious to know what the food budget is. I wouldnt like eating guineos and fried salami for breakfast. And would get tired of red beans and rice for lunch after the 2nd day. The only absolutes I see are rent, electricity, internet, cable, water bills. Then the flexibles, food spending(depending on what you buy to eat), entertainment(where you go and how often), shopping/laundry, barbershop/salon, miscellaneous expenses.

Now if she works and has a meager income then I can see her using her money for the salon and her clothing expenses. But if she is a stay at home person(with no children) I would NEVER give her money for clothing and the salon. She doesnt need it. Her life goal was to be a house'wife' and she has obtained that with you(or anyone, in general). She performed all those rituals to look good enough to get a man and she got you so....get her a sleeveless housecoat and some slippers that the old women wear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I often wonder at the motivations of some posters, especially the confrontational, skeptical and did I forget to mention I don't actually live in the DR posts.

If it works for you and you're happy, then that's all that matters.
It's your life, your money, you play it how you see fit.

Apr 7, 2014
I often wonder at the motivations of some posters, especially the confrontational, skeptical and did I forget to mention I don't actually live in the DR posts.

If it works for you and you're happy, then that's all that matters.
It's your life, your money, you play it how you see fit.

No need to wonder. It was said by Benjamin Franklin "A fool and his money are soon parted."
?Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.? was said by Carl Sagan
?Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.? from Voltaire
It pays to be skeptical.

And it doesnt matter where anyone lives, if you give people access to your funds you can go broke anywhere. You can look at the guys who play professional basketball in the NBA to confirm that. They are in the US, with a salary of millions of dollars per year and all end their careers in bankruptcy reorganization. It pays to be skeptical.

Come on man, "if it works and your happy"? Then are possibly a thousand posts here about waiting for the other shoe to drop in these interpersonal relationships. There are hundreds of posts about the "long hustle". There are hundreds of posts about feeling people out for 3 or 4 years, even. The devil is the details and happiness is overrated.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Come on man, "if it works and your happy"? Then are possibly a thousand posts here about waiting for the other shoe to drop in these interpersonal relationships. There are hundreds of posts about the "long hustle". There are hundreds of posts about feeling people out for 3 or 4 years, even. The devil is the details and happiness is overrated.

It's working for the OP, he's sharing his experience and appears to be happy.

He gives her a fixed amount each month and she handles the household expenses.
That's a lot different to 1,000's of posts I have seen here and stories from my 15+ years living in the DR.

Why don't you share your experience and how you would or do handle similar situations "IN" the DR.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
Sounds sick to give her 1000 dollars ecery month....tell her to get a job and pay for her own expenses...the most you should give her is 3.000-4000 pesos a month that should cover the salon and nails..anything more is pure stupidity

If you would of read properly he clearly states that in that 1000 us $ there is the rent the car the luz everything. Its not only herrr budget. If that 1000 us dollars was only for her salon. She better have some freaken nice hair and nails. And wash and blowdry everyday. But its for everything. Meaning they dont spend more than 1000 a month

Status
Not open for further replies.