High speed internet in Sosua hills

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
what can you recommend for Sosua hills?

Need reliable high speed internet

if there are combo's to be made with mobile phone subscriptions, that would be fine too. I know claro has some bundles but they work with dishes?

any tips welcome

Thx in advance

Tc

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Depends on what is offered in your area. I have cable internet service...whenever it rains hard bye bye internet

I always keep a Claro Blackberry as backup internet. Just activate the service in a BB, pop the chip into my android phone and use wifi tethering. It is unlimited and is very fast. Maybe I should just **** can the cable altogether hummmmm

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
Depends on what is offered in your area. I have cable internet service...whenever it rains hard bye bye internet

I always keep a Claro Blackberry as backup internet. Just activate the service in a BB, pop the chip into my android phone and use wifi tethering. It is unlimited and is very fast. Maybe I should just **** can the cable altogether hummmmm

Was thinking of that too, just do not know if i have a good connection, still have to test Claro and Orange in those hills.

Btw, Tekcom still offering internet services? Anyone knows?

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Sosua hill (La Mulata) on Claro land line

Now on Sosua hill (La Mulata) on Claro land line

but the speed and connection is not stable all time

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Keep in mind CLARO is really clueless in this area. I had them for years and was paying for 3 Mb/s downloads. I was always in the 2.X Mb/s range but it was OK. Then one day, the speed fell to around 1 Mb/s while I still paid for 3.

Two technician visits and mulitple tech support calls later they told me I was too far from the central station to get more than 1 Mb/s. This after having 3 Mb/s for 10 years with neither me nor the central station moving.

I switched to a cable modem and even dropped the local telephone with Claro and now use Vonage world plan which has minutes to DR cell phones and includes DR land lines. Way better than dealing with Claro.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
I had many problem to get this speed here, i'm closer to Sosua than you, I think that for el choco is impossible, check for a cable solution, mobil solution is depending the signal strenght and how many use the service at the same time.

that aint that bad except it is not stable

i am 5.1km uphill on el choco , just for the record

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
They do the same for me only 2 weeks after the subscription, I reported the problem, they said me the same thing, but the problem seem solved now...

Wait and see....

Keep in mind CLARO is really clueless in this area. I had them for years and was paying for 3 Mb/s downloads. I was always in the 2.X Mb/s range but it was OK. Then one day, the speed fell to around 1 Mb/s while I still paid for 3.

Two technician visits and mulitple tech support calls later they told me I was too far from the central station to get more than 1 Mb/s. This after having 3 Mb/s for 10 years with neither me nor the central station moving.

I switched to a cable modem and even dropped the local telephone with Claro and now use Vonage world plan which has minutes to DR cell phones and includes DR land lines. Way better than dealing with Claro.