Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High speed internet in Sosua hills

what can you recommend for Sosua hills?

Need reliable high speed internet

if there are combo's to be made with mobile phone subscriptions, that would be fine too. I know claro has some bundles but they work with dishes?

any tips welcome

Thx in advance

Tc

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what is offered in your area. I have cable internet service...whenever it rains hard bye bye internet

I always keep a Claro Blackberry as backup internet. Just activate the service in a BB, pop the chip into my android phone and use wifi tethering. It is unlimited and is very fast. Maybe I should just **** can the cable altogether hummmmm

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPablo View Post
    Depends on what is offered in your area. I have cable internet service...whenever it rains hard bye bye internet

I always keep a Claro Blackberry as backup internet. Just activate the service in a BB, pop the chip into my android phone and use wifi tethering. It is unlimited and is very fast. Maybe I should just **** can the cable altogether hummmmm
    Was thinking of that too, just do not know if i have a good connection, still have to test Claro and Orange in those hills.

Btw, Tekcom still offering internet services? Anyone knows?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua hill (La Mulata) on Claro land line

Now on Sosua hill (La Mulata) on Claro land line

but the speed and connection is not stable all time

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MpJuly View Post

1 ms ping? Unbelievable! Even to their own server. Where exactly in La Mulata? 1 or 2?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MpJuly View Post

that aint that bad except it is not stable

i am 5.1km uphill on el choco , just for the record

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind CLARO is really clueless in this area. I had them for years and was paying for 3 Mb/s downloads. I was always in the 2.X Mb/s range but it was OK. Then one day, the speed fell to around 1 Mb/s while I still paid for 3.

Two technician visits and mulitple tech support calls later they told me I was too far from the central station to get more than 1 Mb/s. This after having 3 Mb/s for 10 years with neither me nor the central station moving.

I switched to a cable modem and even dropped the local telephone with Claro and now use Vonage world plan which has minutes to DR cell phones and includes DR land lines. Way better than dealing with Claro.

8. Likes theconsul liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

near las Canas

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    1 ms ping? Unbelievable! Even to their own server. Where exactly in La Mulata? 1 or 2?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had many problem to get this speed here, i'm closer to Sosua than you, I think that for el choco is impossible, check for a cable solution, mobil solution is depending the signal strenght and how many use the service at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by theconsul View Post
    that aint that bad except it is not stable

i am 5.1km uphill on el choco , just for the record

11. Likes theconsul liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They do the same for me only 2 weeks after the subscription, I reported the problem, they said me the same thing, but the problem seem solved now...

Wait and see....

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Keep in mind CLARO is really clueless in this area. I had them for years and was paying for 3 Mb/s downloads. I was always in the 2.X Mb/s range but it was OK. Then one day, the speed fell to around 1 Mb/s while I still paid for 3.

Two technician visits and mulitple tech support calls later they told me I was too far from the central station to get more than 1 Mb/s. This after having 3 Mb/s for 10 years with neither me nor the central station moving.

I switched to a cable modem and even dropped the local telephone with Claro and now use Vonage world plan which has minutes to DR cell phones and includes DR land lines. Way better than dealing with Claro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast