Desperate need for American or European computer repair person in Bavaro!!

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Hi guys! Can anyone recommened an American, Canadian or European computer repair business here in Punta Cana / Bavaro? My computer crashed and I can't do anything for our business now! Help por favor? Gracias!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mac Center in Paseo San Juan (next to San Juan Shopping Centre, a couple of doors up from Noah restaurant) is run by a Spanish bloke, but no good to you if yours is a PC.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Dominican, not what you asked for but the guy in "Papeleria Higueyana" is a good option. Don't know if he speaks English though...

JimW

May 21, 2014
Can you boot up?

Hi guys! Can anyone recommened an American, Canadian or European computer repair business here in Punta Cana / Bavaro? My computer crashed and I can't do anything for our business now! Help por favor? Gracias!!

Hi,

Does your laptop boot to Windows (and virus-like activity is happening there such as random pop-up windows and programs launching, advertisements etc) or do can you not boot (possibly getting a message or blue screen about 'boot sector not found' or similar etc.

-Jim

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Macs and PCs are essentially the same these days. The biggest difference is the OS; the hardware is relatively identical inside the case. So don't be buying the hype in the 10 year old Justin Long commercials.

That said, there's still more PC repair experience out there than Mac repair experience. If you're going to live in the 3rd world, get something that you can easily get repaired.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
There's a repair center in the stripmall where Hotel Bravo Mare is, right next to La Pastrata in El Cortecito on Alemenia (near the entrance where El Pulpo Cojo was). He speaks English and sell some accessories. There's also a computer across from the Fruisa Texaco that does repairs as well.

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
JimW...no, it will not boot up or start windows at all. I can hear it running but the screen is completely black. I can not even choose safe mode. No error messages at all...no virus like activity...just a completely black screen Zhao Wei it shut down I was trying to post on our business page on Facebook and the screen turn completely white... the computer locked up and shut down. it will not restart since then I have unplugged it and let it cool down ....I have noticed recently it has been getting very very very hot .....anyway I let it cool down and tried to restart it. I even tried removing the battery and putting it back in but nothing is working.

Jsimonson0.... I found a company called pcebavaro and sent them an email using my phone. the owner emailed me back immediately and I believe that is the company in Cortecito you are talking about. They are actually located right around the corner from our dance company studio I have never gone around the corner so I did not even know that they were there but this is all working out perfectly I have an appointment first thing in the morning!! I asked him in the email if he thought I had lost all of my data files photos and videos and he said he did not think so!!!! Yaay!!

Thanks guys for your input I truly appreciate it and for anyone who needs help with computer repair issues in the future the company is..

PCE Bavaro in Cortecito. the owners name is Adam and he speaks Russian English French and Spanish. the phone number is 809-8627989.