Orange Website

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
When I visited the Orange website some minutes ago, I was asked to give my Ced. Nr. and to answer some personal questions in order to verify my number. Otherwise I would loose my number. Does anybody know if this is legit or is this some kind of phishing?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When I visited the Orange website some minutes ago, I was asked to give my Ced. Nr. and to answer some personal questions in order to verify my number. Otherwise I would loose my number. Does anybody know if this is legit or is this some kind of phishing?

I just checked the website. Looks like it has something to do with the sale of Orange. It seems to be official. It is only for those that are prepaid, meaning, I think, those who buy minutes.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

All prepaid numbers must be verifyed that the ID that they have in their system match the the ID of the person that is actually using the cellphone number because the implementation of the 9-1-1 that will start on May 30 in Santo Domingo area.

They will cancel all the numbers that they can not verify, you can call also to Customer Service Number to update your information if you dont want to do it over internet.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
All prepaid numbers must be verifyed that the ID that they have in their system match the the ID of the person that is actually using the cellphone number because the implementation of the 9-1-1 that will start on May 30 in Santo Domingo area.

They will cancel all the numbers that they can not verify, you can call also to Customer Service Number to update your information if you dont want to do it over internet.

Thanks Riva, what you say is correct. I called Orange customer service and they confirmed that only prepaid numbers have to be verified. My Claro postpaid number does not need to be verified. It also means, that without a c?dula you cannot have a phone any more. All prepaid phone numbers which are not verified by the 15th of June will be cancelled!

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
What I understand :

"ORANGE desactivar? las l?neas telef?nicas que no hayan sido validadas, de conformidad con la Resoluci?n 039-13 del INDOTEL"

you will have problem if the delaer when you bought your sim did not took your ID informations.

each line must be associated with an ID

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Only with Cedula?

Does anybody knows if they can still use a passport or now only Cedula?!?

What I understand :

"ORANGE desactivar? las l?neas telef?nicas que no hayan sido validadas, de conformidad con la Resoluci?n 039-13 del INDOTEL"

you will have problem if the delaer when you bought your sim did not took your ID informations.

each line must be associated with an ID

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Personnaly each time I bought a SIM the vendor asked me an ID cedula or passport, for the activation.

Feb 7, 2007
Becaus ethey cannot verify passports online, I guess online is Cedula only. Passports can be verified in person.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
the question is, if the SIM was bought, and that a passport number was registered in the system at this time, do we need to be verified ??

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
the question is, if the SIM was bought, and that a passport number was registered in the system at this time, do we need to be verified ??

Yes, if that is the case then you must validate the information, if the SIM is not under your name then you need to ask how you can change the owner name, but they have to know that is you that is using the prepaid number.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I am surprised we haven't heard from more off island snowbirds and other frequent visitors who have Orange prepaids. Since most of those folks in this category purchased their number with a passport not a cedula,they can't validate online since the site asks for cedula# only. Does Orange realize how many new Claro customers will be created after June 15th?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
~Clockwork Orange

Seems Orange have started sending out messages saying you will be cut off because your Line cannot be verified.

Here is most of the instructions from a Bing Translation and culled from the Orange Do website.

It identifies your prepaid lines
By decision of the Dominican Institute of telecommunications all prepaid lines had to be validated by June 12, 2014.

It validates your lines and prevents the definitive loss of the same. The process is free and you can do it, marking #133 # from your mobile Orange or going to your nearest Orange Office.
Sign in! avoid losing your prepaid lines
Come to validate them this Sunday 15th our office of the Churchill from 9 am. 6pm. ( SD)
EL client understands, acknowledges and agrees that the information contained in this portal of consultation, both in reference to telephone services as a General Service holder user data, are information which must be confirmed and registered by the client in person at the offices of the ORANGE with your document of identity, more no later than date 12 June 2014. In the event of any breach by the customer of this obligation, ORANGE disabled telephone lines that have not been validated in accordance with the resolution 039-13 INDOTEL. Customer acknowledges that ORANGE has no liability for direct, indirect or any other information that has not been able to be updated, as well as the cancellation of such phone lines.

A recent attempt to validate via the website and #133# did not work and a visit to the local Orange Shop was fruitless too - Have to go to Puerto Plata - Orange Officina

Anybody know where the Orange Officina is in Puerto Plata? And with the holiday tomorrow will not be open !!!

Life in the paradox Island!

Just Olly

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
A recent attempt to validate via the website and #133# did not work and a visit to the local Orange Shop was fruitless too - Have to go to Puerto Plata - Orange Officina

Anybody know where the Orange Officina is in Puerto Plata? And with the holiday tomorrow will not be open !!!

Life in the paradox Island!

Just Olly

The main office is located on the Calle Beller (one of the main streets), about two blocks east from the main park (Parque Central). I would like to warn you though, if you arrive on a bad moment, there will be people in line even on the street...

As with the banks here, I would still try another Orange shop before going to the principal, sometimes they are able to help, if the staff knows its stuff better.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I had to verify in person; the Orange website would not take either my passport nor my visa number.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Thanks for the info -here is what really happens - you recieve a message #555 saying your line will be suspended and you have to go to Orange Officina - it does not say Principle Officina - The local shops were no help and said It could only be done at the Orange shop in Puerto Plata.

Got there about 12:15 and there was a queue of about 100 people ( American Translation - about 100 people standing in line) .
Line was moving slowly and at 15:29 precisely managed to get into the Officina. Door was controlled by the Maestro and locked after about tem people entered. It was chaos outside but inside very calm and well organised (American - organized)
You receive a number after entering you Orange number. The officina there is airconditioned and there are some seats.
Waited about 30 minutes for the number to be called and to get the assigned check in! Very quick thereafter. Asked for passport or Cedula - took info on the ID provided and address and that was it - about 10 minutes in all.
Others had the problem of having other peoles phone and wanted to change it to thier name - this was possible with a passport and verifying that that person was using that phone by checking some frequently called numbers.

The organsation in the Orange Office was very good but outside it was chaos. Three hours in the sun!!

Be warned and ready if you get the message! They cut you off about 2 days after you receive the"message"

Hope thst helps

Olly and the Team

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
I do it in Orange Shop Sosua 2 minutes, why wait under sun ?

Thanks for the info -here is what really happens - you recieve a message #555 saying your line will be suspended and you have to go to Orange Officina - it does not say Principle Officina - The local shops were no help and said It could only be done at the Orange shop in Puerto Plata.

Got there about 12:15 and there was a queue of about 100 people ( American Translation - about 100 people standing in line) .
Line was moving slowly and at 15:29 precisely managed to get into the Officina. Door was controlled by the Maestro and locked after about tem people entered. It was chaos outside but inside very calm and well organised (American - organized)
You receive a number after entering you Orange number. The officina there is airconditioned and there are some seats.
Waited about 30 minutes for the number to be called and to get the assigned check in! Very quick thereafter. Asked for passport or Cedula - took info on the ID provided and address and that was it - about 10 minutes in all.
Others had the problem of having other peoles phone and wanted to change it to thier name - this was possible with a passport and verifying that that person was using that phone by checking some frequently called numbers.

The organsation in the Orange Office was very good but outside it was chaos. Three hours in the sun!!

Be warned and ready if you get the message! They cut you off about 2 days after you receive the"message"

Hope thst helps

Olly and the Team