Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mitsubishi Montero 2008, thoughts?

Hey guys.....a friend of mine that is coming to live here from the States is looking for a vehicle. He really likes the Mitsubishi Montero and Ive seen a good amount of them for sale on supercarros....I wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone owns one or is familair.....thanks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Consumer Reports will have a reliability report on this and other SUVs. It would not cost much to download a copy. Mitsubishis are generally not rated as high as other Japanese brands.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll never buy a montero again. I have to add mine was of 2002, but never had as much trouble with a vehicle as with that one.

Suspension especially sucks for an off road vehicle.

Nice looks though.

Problems I had were with:
    - front suspension
    - transmission
    - fuel pump
    - fuel tank (supposedly due to the bad quality of diesel in this country the tank would release some material which damaged the fuel pump regulator.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we had montero shortly after i moved here, maybe 2002 model? i loved that car: spacious, comfortable and good on tough roads. very solid built. it is very popular car here so easy to get parts and find a mechanic to fix it.
    downsides: high petrol consumption and crappy breaks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    we had montero shortly after i moved here, maybe 2002 model? i loved that car: spacious, comfortable and good on tough roads. very solid built. it is very popular car here so easy to get parts and find a mechanic to fix it.
    downsides: high petrol consumption and crappy breaks.
    I guess I had a lemon, or you were lucky...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we both liked the car and it did not get many issues although now i think of it we fixed some valve when we bought it (used). really, the only bad thing about that car were the breaks. tragic. i needed to press all the way to the floor to get any effect.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I'll never buy a montero again. I have to add mine was of 2002, but never had as much trouble with a vehicle as with that one.

Suspension especially sucks for an off road vehicle.

Nice looks though.

Problems I had were with:
    - front suspension
    - transmission
    - fuel pump
    - fuel tank (supposedly due to the bad quality of diesel in this country the tank would release some material which damaged the fuel pump regulator.
    Ouch....reading online, though there aren't many reviews, they do say that the 2007 and under were pretty bad....don't know about the new chassis.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagauss View Post
    Hey guys.....a friend of mine that is coming to live here from the States is looking for a vehicle. He really likes the Mitsubishi Montero and Ive seen a good amount of them for sale on supercarros....I wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone owns one or is familair.....thanks.
    Truck like ride, good for off road, prone to tipping in quick collision avoidance maneuvers, terrible on gas, slightly expensive to repair, but very much loved in the DR.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    Consumer Reports will have a reliability report on this and other SUVs. It would not cost much to download a copy. Mitsubishis are generally not rated as high as other Japanese brands.
    Consumer Reports will not be of much help as they have not rated the Montero for approximately ten years.....and when they did...they hated it.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would choose one they liked, then. They all look more or less the same and have similar features.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast