No more medical exam??

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
No more medical exam?

Tuesday, my husband and I goes for renew the residencia.
We got all the papers, bank, police, titles, passport photos, copies etc. etc., included.
To our surprise we were waiting, after about two hours, we got the new residencia, without a medical exam, was not necessary told the lady of immigration.
The other people, Germans, Italians, Americans, where we have been talking outside, did not know why this was, their also got the new residencia without exam.
Maybe it is new rules again?, I don't can not say.
I can only say, that everybode was very surprise and happy.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Temporary renewal = no medical exam.

I do not think there is any "temporary renewal". You either go from Provisional Residency to Permanent Residency or you are renewing Permanent Residency (which is never permanent since you have to renew periodically). The specific conditions of the OP would be needed to understand if they already had residency for 10 years and therefor a medical exam was no longer required.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sorry, I meant renewal of temporary / provisional residency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
I got my residencia from April 1997, but 2 other people got the residencia one from May 2008 and the other person from June 2010.
And got also the new one without medical exam.
previously insisted written on the residencia "Permiso Residencia" now it is Residencia Permanente (RP-1)
Take a look on your residencia ( if not the new one) ther is not writing Permanente, only Permiso.
We call last week the immigration, and the lady told us, that only from 1996 don't need the medical exam.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
First renewal of temporary residency does not require a medical exam. Just did it a month ago, 2 hrs, done. I am told though that the second renewal of temporary does require medical. By next year everything could, of course, change.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I have renewed my temporary (provisional) residency twice and neither time was a medical exam required. There was one for the original application. Unless the rules change (again), I will renew again (making it four times total) for another year of temporary (still no medical exam required) and then next year (in December 2015) I will apply for permanent residency and a medical exam will be required! Ugh! Why do I bother? So I have a cedula and don't have to use my passport constantly for ID for doctors, etc., and so that I can have a valid driver's license.

Jan 17, 2009
Who told you that second renewal requires medical?

I have renewed twice already without a medical. Will be renewing temporary for the third time in August

First renewal of temporary residency does not require a medical exam. Just did it a month ago, 2 hrs, done. I am told though that the second renewal of temporary does require medical. By next year everything could, of course, change.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
So for renewal you go there with all the papers and you are done the same day?
After you are requested to renew as well the cedula, which should be possible the same day as well, right?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Yes, renewals are done on one day, assuming no problems, and yes, you should be able to get your new cedula the same day. The cedula must be expired. They will not renew it early.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Renewed yesterday -- got a RP-1

Two trips required -
medical April 29th
new tarjeta yesterday May 22.... resident since 2004

Jan 17, 2009
Sounds like yours was a renewal of the so called "permanent" residency not the temporary one which does not require medical and

Renewed yesterday -- got a RP-1

Two trips required -
medical April 29th
new tarjeta yesterday May 22.... resident since 2004

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, renewals are done on one day, assuming no problems, and yes, you should be able to get your new cedula the same day. The cedula must be expired. They will not renew it early.

And here I am under the assumption that we have to get the new cedulas as soon as possible based upon other things I have read. So I should wait until my current old style cedula expires for that?