forever 21 arrives in DR

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
They say it will be the same prices as abroad. I'm sure my wife will go someday next week and will ask her the prices.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, mauricio. please ask her to look at the tags, they should have prices in dollars and pesos, maybe in other currencies as well. i wonder if they match :)
forever 21 is nothing special but it is cheap and cheerful, just like H&M.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
H&M was about her favorite store when we lived in Europe, I'm afraid I'll have to get prepared.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
your wife is one smart cookie. H&M and forever 21 are cheap stores for seasonal clothing. the quality is low but so is the price therefore one does not cry to dispose of last season clothing after few months. and the range and variety of styles is really good. well worth a trip :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
H&M is much better than Forever 21. H&M has a wider variety of quality now, thus prices.

Forever 21 is ok, it find it more geared toward a younger crowd.

my latest addiction is ASOS :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Did anybody tell Danilo what kind of store he was cutting the ribbon for. I mean I'm glad these kinds of stores are coming to the DR (More choices for consumers I guess), but the president of the country showing up for this is ridiculous. What's next? Obama attends opening of first Dominican Pica Pollo in Washington DC?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
H&M is much better than Forever 21. H&M has a wider variety of quality now, thus prices.

Forever 21 is ok, it find it more geared toward a younger crowd.

my latest addiction is ASOS :)

I always thought F21 was geared to women holding onto their 20s and 30s a little too long as well.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
IF, this franchise has the same prices in their DR store as they do in their home country, they will be the FIRST!!!!!!!
cc

I agree - what about aduana and shipping costs? hmm....

Coincidentally, Mr. AE's brother and wife are here with us this week, and the wife and I went to the mall on Tuesday. She saw the Forever 21 store and mentioned the one being opened in SD, because her 22 yr old daughter likes their clothes [buys them online]. She also assumes the prices will be much higher, and that daughter will continue to shop online.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My "SIL" goes to Spain with her "Spanish Esposo" several times a year.
She buys nice clothes in some clothing stores with branches here in SD.
She claims the prices here are often double what they are in Spain.
I can't even buy from here in SD "online" from "jcpenny" and pay US prices, in Us dollars.
If you log in from here the prices all show in Dominican Pesos!
"Adios jcpenny"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My "SIL" goes to Spain with her "Spanish Esposo" several times a year.
She buys nice clothes in some clothing stores with branches here in SD.
She claims the prices here are often double what they are in Spain.
I can't even buy from here in SD "online" from "jcpenny" and pay US prices, in Us dollars.
If you log in from here the prices all show in Dominican Pesos!
"Adios jcpenny"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Wow, it must be tied to your IP. I've never heard of that before.

Maybe you need to use one of those 'hide my IP' or 'change my IP' websites.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
on the very top of the jcpenny page, on the right, there is an icon "ship to". choose "ship to USA" and you will see the prices in US dollars. i'm not even using my VPN for that :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll SURE try THAT!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCC
Love their "Big & Tall" stuff!

ps.,......I just DID try That,...It WORKS!!!!
Who said "Polacks" are STUPID???????????????????????

Last edited: