Help to write a letter of recommendation

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
Ever been asked to write a letter of recommendation for someone with few skills to recommend? There's a way around it -- wordsmithing. Read on, and you'll see what we mean:

To describe a person who is extremely lazy: "In my opinion you will be very fortunate to get this person to work for you."

To describe an ex-employee who is totally inept: "I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever."

To describe an ex-employee who had problems getting along with fellow workers: "I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague of mine."

To describe a candidate who is so unproductive that the job would be better off unfilled: "I can assure you that no person would be better for the job."

To describe a job applicant who is not worth further consideration: "I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment."

To describe a person with lackluster credentials: "All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him/her too highly."

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
To describe a person who is extremely lazy: "In my opinion you will be very fortunate to get this person to work for you."
To describe an ex-employee who had problems getting along with fellow workers: "I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague of mine."

i am totally stealing those two.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2qicymx.png

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The candidates contributions were immeasurable

Ever been asked to write a letter of recommendation for someone with few skills to recommend? There's a way around it -- wordsmithing. Read on, and you'll see what we mean:

To describe an ex-employee who is totally inept: "I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever."

To describe a candidate who is so unproductive that the job would be better off unfilled: "I can assure you that no person would be better for the job."

To describe a job applicant who is not worth further consideration: "I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment."

To describe a person with lackluster credentials: "All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him/her too highly."

Sonny,
Your comments have been of the utmost importance and very enlightening!
Thanks for the laugh.