Kudos

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Kudos to the powers that be for taking back the control of the content of DR1.
This is a great message board about the Dominican Republic. Lately it had been more of a chat room.
Thank you to the owners and moderators.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
That is like saying you go to school only to learn. You better not make any friends as you are only there for an education.

Yes this is a top notch message board for the D.R. but this forum is also great for making new friends and connections.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thank you dulce.

Sonny, I've made a lot of new real-life friends through DR1 too, we have some great people here. We don't mind a bit of chit-chat, as long as it stays on-topic. No one wants to click on a thread about hospitals in Santo Domingo, and find posts talking about meatballs in Santiago.

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
No one wants to click on a thread about hospitals in Santo Domingo, and find posts talking about meatballs in Santiago.

Got to admit that made me laugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Yes, when you explain it like that it does make sense.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I too have met some good people on DR1 many years ago.
I did not have a message board like this when I first vacationed in the RD nor when I moved there. It would have been nice to have the info.
IF I was new now and searching for info I might have been put off by some of the banter on DR1 lately. Sometimes we forget about the newbies. It takes a while to learn all of personalities of the characters here. We don't want to scare them off. :laugh:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
it's amazing , when you think about it, how so few can pull so many off track.

agreed about the better world these days.....but all good things must come to an end

Cocoa6705

Apr 22, 2014
Somebody owes me a Presidente. I said "he" wouldn't be here long. I come to DR1 for informative news. There are plenty of other blogs for the other stuff.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What's a Kudo?

ku?dos
ˈk(y)o͞oˌdōs,-ˌdōz,-ˌd?s/

noun

praise and honor received for an achievement.

synonyms: praise, glory, honor, status, standing, distinction, fame, celebrity; More

NORTH AMERICAN

informal

compliments or congratulations.

plural noun: kudos

"kudos to everyone who put the event together"

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
ku?dos
ˈk(y)o͞oˌdōs,-ˌdōz,-ˌd?s/

noun

praise and honor received for an achievement.

synonyms: praise, glory, honor, status, standing, distinction, fame, celebrity; More

NORTH AMERICAN

informal

compliments or congratulations.

plural noun: kudos

"kudos to everyone who put the event together"

Spoilsport.......