Visiting Punta Cana for Anniversary. Can you help me?

gburger717

May 27, 2014
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and in serach of some help. I have been to PC last year and will be returning June 25th to July5th for my wife's and I 10 year anniversary. We are not sure what hotel we will be at since we booked a 6 apple square deal. I am looking to make this trip very special for my wife. I am looking for a private guide to take us off the resort for a day and show us around. I want to see what the true Dominican life. I am booking a trip threw PC mike but I want more then he has to offer. I do not speak much Spanish but can communicate if I need to. Does anyone here do tours? or are you willing to make a few bucks and show us around? I know I want to take a trip to the park with springs (forget the name) and visit other local attractions. I could rent a car but I am to scared to take the chance due to the driving habit's of others in the DR. If you all can think of places that at close to the hotels that you think we should see PLEASE post them. If you live in PC and want to make some money taking us on a "local" tour message me. ANY tips are appreciated!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
My advice would be to check out tripadvisor.com forum and ask this same question on the caribbean/punta cana section of the forum.

gburger717

May 27, 2014
Will have to try that!

Does anyone here have someone who could be my personal taxi while in PC? I am looking for a local that will pick me up at out hotel and take me to locations I want to see! If so send me a message with contact info.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
A local might have 2 problems doing that. One with the "Taxi-Mafia" and another with the Hotel security. They might not let him in...

gburger717

May 27, 2014
A local might have 2 problems doing that. One with the "Taxi-Mafia" and another with the Hotel security. They might not let him in...

I know what you mean BUT can or could I meet them at the gate?. I have no problem walking to the entrance if I had to. I wish someone could help me and earn some US dollars.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and in serach of some help. I have been to PC last year and will be returning June 25th to July5th for my wife's and I 10 year anniversary. We are not sure what hotel we will be at since we booked a 6 apple square deal. I am looking to make this trip very special for my wife. I am looking for a private guide to take us off the resort for a day and show us around. I want to see what the true Dominican life. I am booking a trip threw PC mike but I want more then he has to offer. I do not speak much Spanish but can communicate if I need to. Does anyone here do tours? or are you willing to make a few bucks and show us around? I know I want to take a trip to the park with springs (forget the name) and visit other local attractions. I could rent a car but I am to scared to take the chance due to the driving habit's of others in the DR. If you all can think of places that at close to the hotels that you think we should see PLEASE post them. If you live in PC and want to make some money taking us on a "local" tour message me. ANY tips are appreciated!
I would suggest that you make all your arrangements with the resort where you end up staying. They will offer many "side tours" and you will have the comfort of knowing that the person or persons providing those tours are ultimately responsible to the resort for your comfort, safety and satisfaction.

There is a kiosk at every resort which holds brochures for off site adventures. You won't have to reinvent the wheel. They've thought of everything already.