whats the 411 on SunCampDR?

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
If you've been, or know someone who has please provide a quick review of the experience. gracias, aC

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
If you've been, or know someone who has please provide a quick review of the experience. gracias, aC

I have known sun camp for many years. It is a favourite place for me. It is not 4 star but for someone new to the country and wants to learn , be safe , and meet other people it is perfect.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I also lived at SunCamp my first year here and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a non-resort type setting. It is safe and has the basics...hot water, showers, decent beds, etc. I am friends with the owner and know some of the people who stay there regularly. If you have specific questions, PM me. Judy

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Female owner , Dianne. French Canadian jewel

The accomadations will be basic , however the experience will be EXTRAORDINARY ! this woman can sell ice to an Eskimo! Your stay if u aren't pretentious , and a direct pain in the But. Will be something good to remember

solange

Jan 15, 2006
Thanks for your nice reviews about SunCampDR

Thanks everyone who answered the questions about Rustic Apartment Rental at SunCampDR!
Of course, we try to give you a nice introduction to the island and a rich human vacation experience! Bienvenidos!

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I've been living at Suncamp for my first 14 months here in the DR... Best place ever to get used of the way of living in the DR. Great security, great atmosphere with people for all over the world and great support from the owner to help you in any way possible.

I lived in Puerto Plata for 10 months and came back to Suncamp since January. I love this place. Not fancy but all the rest that goes with it is much more important. If you want to live the real dominican way, come to Suncamp ! You will never leave....

Speaking from experience... PM me if you want more information.

nickdr

May 30, 2014
I spent over 1 year there over the last 4 years. My last trip there was 6 months long. The apartments are inexpensive, basic / non-luxury, but do include free wifi, electricity, propane gas for cooking, and a basic kitchen (everything you need). The property is very beautiful; in a tropical setting with a nice river running through it. The location is perfect; away from the city as to avoid all the noise and smog but close enough to get there with a 30 peso (75 cents) 10 minute public car ride. They are also just a few KM from the beach.

One of the best things about suncamp is the people you will meet there. I have made lots of good friends from around the world there over the years including the property owners which are very nice and treat the guests very well. Suncamp has a much different clientele then the average all-inclusive resort. There are also volunteer opportunities that exist in the local village.

I'd highly recommend a visit to suncamp! Paradise is here!