Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Is it supposed to be working now?

Has anybody had to try it?

Does it actually work?

Does it work outside Sto Dgo and STI ?

Its in Spanish only, one would assume?

Will they have GPS sync so that responders can actually find you, or do you have to give Dominicans directions which is always a huge challenge, if not impossible task.

Just curious.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Is it supposed to be working now?

Has anybody had to try it?

Does it actually work?

Does it work outside Sto Dgo and STI ?

Its in Spanish only, one would assume?

Will they have GPS sync so that responders can actually find you, or do you have to give Dominicans directions which is always a huge challenge, if not impossible task.

Just curious.

We all are ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I **think** it's only in Santo Domingo right now. Haven't heard if it's actually functioning as it should though. On another thread they were talking about everyone with a cellphone having to 'certify' it, or some such thing, probably part of the ongoing process.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Launches on 31 May. Only in Santo Domingo and Boca Chica to start with. Updates have been reported on DR1 news.

Matilda

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
if someone would like to try it out...it will cost you 30 monthly salaries if you do without need. that's about 330,000 pesos.

May 5, 2007
Anytime someone posts about 911 I think of a post I found in DR1 archives It was by an Englishman who lived in POP I can’t recall if it was his house or a neighbor but there was a fire and they called the “Bomberos?” someone had to get gas for the fire truck, when it finally showed up at scene it ran over a whole row of motor conchos as the truck had no brakes and all the water had leaked out of tank on trip over

I hope you all have better luck in case of emergency

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The police will figure a way to profit from the 911 system.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yesterday's newspapers had a full front & back page instuctions about when to "Call", and when Not to "Call".
"Cat up in tree" was a "No Call"!
As was "Loud Music"!
THIS is going to be "Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Efficient Bomberos

... there was a fire and they called the ?Bomberos?? someone had to get gas for the fire truck, when it finally showed up at scene it ran over a whole row of motor conchos as the truck had no brakes and all the water had leaked out of tank on trip over

Naw, that was then.
Now all is good:

[video=youtube;RebJgjpOkJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RebJgjpOkJM[/video]

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the intentions are there, i'll give them that. admittedly when we once had a fire in POP, just few corners from the bomberos the cars did not arrive until after the building was reduced to ashes but they did arrive. rome was not built in a day. i am always happy to see changes being implemented in DR. the end results may differ but there is an effort being made. small steps.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I worked in a new hospital here in SD, there was a BIG fire station nearby on Kennedy.
I went and asked the "Jefe" to bring some of his men to the hospital for an orientation tour to show them around, BEFORE there was any emergency.
That NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!
He said they were already trained to handle "ANY EMERGENCY"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
During the first 48 hours the 911-system received 42,373 calls.
Almost 70% were fun or unnecessary calls (among them obviously many from kids). :bunny:

En sus primeras 48 horas,**el 9-1-1 recibe 42, 373 llamadas, de las cuales 28, 903 fueron molestosas - listindiario.com
Just another proof that Dominicans have no brain. The only way to get rid of unnecessary and fun calls is to make this call cost at least 100 pesos to the caller's phone bill or prepaid balance.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Dominican Republic 9-1-1 attends 2,200+ emergencies in 96 hrs.

Santo Domingo.- The National Emergency Response System 9-1-1 has attended more than 2,200 emergencies from calls since inaugurated 96 hours ago, project spokesperson Zoraima Cuello affirmed Thursday.

The official said the System has received 84,404 calls in four days of operations, more than 21,000 per day, which in her view demonstrates a capable service staff.

Nonetheless the official cautioned the population to collaborate and raise awareness with friends, relatives and children over prank calls, which were 73 % of the total 61,505.

"Let’s remember that we’re putting at risk the lives of people who might be using the service and when it’s busy a call might not enter from someone who does in fact need it,” the official said in a National Palace press conference.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...public-9-1-1attends-2200-emergencies-in-96hrs

May 5, 2007
The Dominican Government should set a hard and fast precedent regarding punishment for abusing the 911 system before playing games becomes routine

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Fish, don't you believe that. Those pranksters who are caught, by the time the police get
through with them, will have no more fingers left to press numbers on a cell phone.