Fishing spots in or near santodomingo

L

lemontree

Anyone knows a good fishing spot in Santo domingo?
I saw one man did fishing at malecon last weekend, but seemed he couldn't catch any fish.
Please let me know the best spot you know.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Have you tried the new fishing piers on the malecon that were built last summer? You can't miss them, they're orange steel, on the western end of the malecon, between Lincoln and Nunez de Caceres.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Las Americas Highway", on the way to the airport.
I always see guys fishing there, and with caught FISH!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the fishing piers near nunez de casares is crowded with guys trying to catch a fish. I have a feeling these guys just go there to get away from their wives and to just drink beers. I have only seen someone catch a fish there twice is more than one year of going there. In simple words, no one catches anything.
The las americas highway fishing is dangerous. yes guys do fish there with homemade fishing equipment but any decent guy with a car is seen parked and fishing could be a target. this area is right in front of some seriously poor barrios and the word in the street is to stay away from there in terms of fishing. This is the reason no real people who look like middle class with a car go there to fish. you will get robbed if you have anything valuable on you. Nunez de casares area on malecon is a safe place with police vigilance. There is parking for your car. the bad news is that Presidente beer factory also dumps their waste and chemicals right into the ocean there. The huge pipes come all the way from the presidente factory (underground) to the dumping point in the ocean, right in the same spot as the fishing piers. If you would catch anything, it might be contaminated.
So here is my take on fishing in santo domingo.
AZB

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I hope you are fishing for sport. I see guys fishing - and selling their catch - around the floating bridge near Sans Souci. Remember, sport fish only or risk ingesting a mix of waste from cruise ships, the Puerto Rico ferry, and the Ozama River slums of la Cienega/Gualey...eeeww