Bob

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Don't arrive stressed out.

anyone have directions from Zona colonial area to new embassy using publicos
,not taxi!!

Bob

Don't even try it with publicos. You are asking for trouble, the logisitcs is a head scratcher, the comfort sucks, and an unsafe trip is unsafer in a publico.

CC has it right it is "a very Looooooooooooooooooooooooong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Don't arrive to a stress risk location already stressed out from the publicos. It will not favor you.

Be a spendthrift and take a taxi; better equipment and is a thru trip; no stops to p/u or d/o passengers; and no constant change of vehicles to Av Rep?blica de Colombia 68, just north of the botanical gardens.

Traveling on the capital roads is hell, don't make your trip worse with an unwise choice of transport.

Apollo Taxi has a good reputation.

Regards,

PJT

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
v
Some one told me to take metro to the botanical garden exit and then there are guagus,Publico's to embassy.

Don't even try it with publicos. You are asking for trouble, the logisitcs is a head scratcher, the comfort sucks, and an unsafe trip is unsafer in a publico.

CC has it right it is "a very Looooooooooooooooooooooooong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Don't arrive to a stress risk location already stressed out from the publicos. It will not favor you.

Be a spendthrift and take a taxi; better equipment and is a thru trip; no stops to p/u or d/o passengers; and no constant change of vehicles to Av Rep?blica de Colombia 68, just north of the botanical gardens.

Traveling on the capital roads is hell, don't make your trip worse with an unwise choice of transport.

Apollo Taxi has a good reputation.

Regards,

PJT

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Bob don't take my name in vain! The guaguas don't go all the way to the embassy I don't think, only to the other end of the park then you will have to catch another one up to Avenida De Republica Columba an probably another west to the embassy.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jaguar" what "METRO" are you talking about?????
I live near the "Botanical Gardens" and have no idea????
"Apollo Taxi" is the best.
If you want to know the exact fare to your destination, just ask the driver to radio the dispatcher and ask, then pay what the dispatcher says.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Bob has travelled all over the DR, used publicos often, well seasoned Santo Domingo public transport user, so he's no newbie to the risks etc.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry bob did not notice you said the botanical gardens. When we talked yesterday, I said Mirador North.