Driver needed in PC for a day or two while I am on vacation....

gburger717

May 27, 2014
I am looking for someone who is in Punta Cana that is willing to take me and the wife to spots we want to see. Bars, Marina and a few other things. I am willing to pay very fair. Need to be able to speak and understand some English. Dates will be between June 25th and July 4th,

Can you do it? Or do you know someone looking to make some money? Let me know

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am looking for someone who is in Punta Cana that is willing to take me and the wife to spots we want to see. Bars, Marina and a few other things. I am willing to pay very fair. Need to be able to speak and understand some English. Dates will be between June 25th and July 4th,

Can you do it? Or do you know someone looking to make some money? Let me know

If you are staying at a hotel than arrange that through them or talk to a local at your condo for a recommendation. You can get a driver and vehicle for the day. You will need to buy him lunch and drinks and of course tip him well.

gburger717

May 27, 2014
If you are staying at a hotel than arrange that through them or talk to a local at your condo for a recommendation. You can get a driver and vehicle for the day. You will need to buy him lunch and drinks and of course tip him well.

question do you know exactly what I would ask for to have a private driver with car? also should I ask a worker at hotel or front desk staff? I have no problem paying for the service, gas, food and drinks. I just want to see the sites with my wife on our anniversary! what would be a fair tip amount and price also? THANKS IN ADVANCE

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
question do you know exactly what I would ask for to have a private driver with car? also should I ask a worker at hotel or front desk staff? I have no problem paying for the service, gas, food and drinks. I just want to see the sites with my wife on our anniversary! what would be a fair tip amount and price also? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Say:

"Me gustar?a obtener los servicios de un chofer con carro bueno y limpio para llevarnos a algunos sitios especiales."

Can't help with suggestion about costs since I am on the North Coast and have no idea about prices in Punta Cana.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I am sure there is someone at your hotel front desk that speaks a little English. You want a driver and a good vehicle with air conditioning for a day trip. It really is not that difficult. You can also go on google translate and print out the question in an English/Spanish translation. Bring it with you on your trip. The price is probably negotiable and you would have to ask that question of the driver but I would think $100 for the day would be reasonable. A fair tip for the day would probably be $20usd depending on the service level and friendliness.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
In Cabarete we hired a taxi for US 60.00 for the day and we wore him out. He did make a few personal stops. And yes we bought his food and tipped him well. Gasoline is very expensive, but most taxistas use gas as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In Cabarete we hired a taxi for US 60.00 for the day and we wore him out. He did make a few personal stops. And yes we bought his food and tipped him well. Gasoline is very expensive, but most taxistas use gas as well.

Keep in mind to someone from the USA, gas is gasoline, when in the DR gas is propane.