Really? Danilo again? Hope that is true...

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

I don't care for any, by the time Danilo steps down the entire country will be 90% Haitians, especially since all a Haitian has to do these days to be a Dominican is to just cross the border and say he has been living in the DR. And then on top of that there aren't any paperwork fees. I don't see any other countries doing doing such a thing. That is why this country will never progress.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't care for any, by the time Danilo steps down the entire country will be 90% Haitians, especially since all a Haitian has to do these days to be a Dominican is to just cross the border and say he has been living in the DR. And then on top of that there aren't any paperwork fees. I don't see any other countries doing doing such a thing. That is why this country will never progress.

there are lots of reasons why progress is slow in this country. the Haitians might very well be a problem, but , trust me, there are many other stumbling blocks. try the political directorate for starters.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Xenophobic Mr_DR

And who would do all the work that the Haitians are "stealing" from the Dominicans, huh? :rolleyes:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
So sorry....

"... que esta 100% seguro de que Leonel Fern?ndez apoyara al presidente Medina porque Fern?ndez es ?un sabio? de la pol?tica dominicana."

Won't happen.
This time and strangely enough 'el hablador' will point out that the constitution does "muy lamentablemente" not allow another term for DM... :cool:

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"No Es NUESTRA Culpa",..pero de los "Malditos Haitianos"!!!!!
"Sr-dr's" agenda is showing!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I can't see any difference between the two of them??????
Besides language.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I don't care if its Baby Doc Duvalier, just as long as my power stays on 24/7

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
If it weren't for that pesky Constitution...

Don't worry, cobra, it's just a piece of paper, or, as the Haitians themselves would say, bayonets speak louder. In this case, though, it would be $$$$$$$$$ doing the talking. Funglode might have some of it, but it's safe to say that the state carries more firepower on this department.

If I were the danilistas, though, I'd worry more about Luis Abinader, since this one seems to be the Embassy's anointed one, as well as the one of Conep and civil society folks.

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That's the old page from balaguer...he's going up for re-election because "the people demand it". Say what you will about Leonel, but he has followed and adhered himself to the constitution time and again. He didn't attempt to get re-elected after his first term when he was as popular or more than Danilo currently is. The result was that we had Hippo for 4 years. The constitution was changed by Hippo and PRD which gave Leonel a chance to stand again.

Personally I believe The US has the best system with two consecutives terms of four years and that's all you get. An election after the first four years gives the people a chance to continue with the current government or make a change. I wish we went back to that in The DR instead of the current system of back and forth every four years.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
That's the old page from balaguer...he's going up for re-election because "the people demand it". Say what you will about Leonel, but he has followed and adhered himself to the constitution time and again. He didn't attempt to get re-elected after his first term when he was as popular or more than Danilo currently is. The result was that we had Hippo for 4 years. The constitution was changed by Hippo and PRD which gave Leonel a chance to stand again.
Ohoh...posting facts. Those against Leonel don't want to read about that.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Invest $15000 and go solar.
$15000?

The estimate I got for going off the grid 3 years ago was US$45,000...to replace 800kw/mo...(we average 600, but wanted a buffer just in case.)

It's odd that solar is not that efficient in the Caribbean because of cloud cover...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How about billing everyone for the electricity that they consume AND collect it from them?

Sure why not. And with more than half the population living in poverty they are sure to collect a fortune.:cheeky:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My term in office ‘ends in 2016’, Medina reiterates

Santo Domingo.- President Danilo Medina’s visit to Pope Francis was backdrop the chief executive chose to repeat that he’ll not seek a constitutional amendment to allow his re-election bid in 2016.

His first signal during the trip came when he announced that the Pope had been invited to visit Dominican Republic.

He said he asked the Pontiff to adjust his agenda to make the visit during his (Medina’s) term in office.

When a reporter asked him when his term in office ends, Medina firmly responds "I finish in 2016."

We knew that from the start.:tired:

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...term-in-office-ends-in-2016-Medina-reiterates