PC Music Saturday Night

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Thanks to the sponsoring of the Ministry of Tourism, the band 'Samuel Alvarez & T? Anam?', will do a performance in the main street Pedro Clisante this Saturday evening. The band, which plays boleros, merengue and jazz themes starts to play at 8 PM on a stage in the part of the Pedro Clisante which is closed for traffic. Seats will be placed in the street for the audience with enough space in front of the stage to dance. The government seems to be serious to make Sos?a the cultural center of the North Coast with this sponsored performance. We are very curious if this continues as promised.
Video: YouTube

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ken, please tell your people, if you have the connections, to publish a more advanced schedule of when music will be played on PC so business owners can make plans around these events. My band was going to play tonight, but the owner only was just told this week about the other band playing, forcing us to cancel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was going to have lunch today on PC, but when I tried to go, the street had already been closed. No place to park so I went elsewhere.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The concert was fantastic, lots of people including families enjoying themselves on Pedro Clisante, a lot of well known Sosua business owners out and about...I like the direction Sosua is heading and applaud all those involved.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
I was going to have lunch today on PC, but when I tried to go, the street had already been closed. No place to park so I went elsewhere.

most of the residents i speak to did, & feel, the same. they have stopped going to that part of town at night because there is no parking.

one night a week - saturdays with the free concerts - does not make up for the 6 other nights the bars & restaurants must be losing business. apart from the bar with its own car park ...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
most of the residents i speak to did, & feel, the same. they have stopped going to that part of town at night because there is no parking.

one night a week - saturdays with the free concerts - does not make up for the 6 other nights the bars & restaurants must be losing business. apart from the bar with its own car park ...

This is just the opposite of what my customers are saying. Most love the peace and quiet. Again, last night we had a great time with a one man band playing on the street. Some people just don't like change and refuse to adapt....others decide to support and watch the town grow. Get involved and be part of something positive.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is just the opposite of what my customers are saying. Most love the peace and quiet. Again, last night we had a great time with a one man band playing on the street. Some people just don't like change and refuse to adapt....others decide to support and watch the town grow. Get involved and be part of something positive.

No change ever pleases everyone. Glad to see that the overall benefit is positive and so far, so good.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I had dinner one night last week at Schnitzel Paradise and not only was the food excellent, but the ambiance of the street was nice as well.

I'm out to dinner probably 4 nights a week for years now in Sosua and Cabarete, and never before have I desired to be in that part of Sosua after sundown. However, I will be back as long as the street remains closed and the calm atmosphere exists in the early evenings. The previous situation of moto and car noise, exhaust, and people who were there as nothing more than opportunists wasn't appealing.

What's the atmosphere like now after 11pm without the motos and cars filling the street?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have yet to find a problem with parking....oh, I might have to walk an extra block, but seriously, people leaving because they can't find a parking spot, that is sad. The general response is very positive and all say that they hope it is here to stay.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Not coming because of not parking....really.
The three of four times we have gone we found parking on Dr. Rosen with out any problems. Yes we had to walk ONE whole block. I have no idea how I managed to do that at my age :D
Give me a break saying this is a bad idea because no parking...Best thing to happen to Sosua in years!!!

Bob K

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Love the street being closed and it's getting better every night. Join in, be positive and make the place fun. A block of walking is likely good for most people and you get to see more!

Saturday night was awesome. A huge thanks to all the bars that set up on the street, to the street vendors, to the band and to the mayor. Bob is right, best thing to happen to Susua ! :)