Police and military troops demolish shacks next to beach in Puerto Plata

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Police and military troops demolish shacks next to beach in Puerto Plata

Santo Domingo.- Tourism Ministry inspectors helped by agents assigned to the Puerto Plata Office of the Prosecutor demolished 11 shacks housing cafeterias operating next to La Ensenada beach, in Punta Rusia.

Local media report that the businesses didn?t have the required permits.

At first the vendors tried to confront the agents and protested to prevent the destruction of their properties, but security was quickly restored.

In a statement, the Air Force Base at Puerto Plata said it coordinated the deployment of troops to avert confrontations, with the operation that lasted around three hours, in which the National Police, the Army and the Tourism Police also participated.

Source: DT

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If they would've obtained the permit as required this could've been avoided. I'm quite sure they were forewarned.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wait wait wait. i went to ensenada just two weeks ago. there were shacks with restaurants directly on the beach. they were torn apart? i am sure they will be back next week. because padres de familia, that's why. and they were too close to the water, with tables outside, leaving very little of the beach. i understand the desire to make the living but have some respect for the law and for your own country.