Renewing US Passport & DR Residency

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I need to renew my US passport issued in July 2010. It has a page for my residency visa.

2 Questions:
  1. What's the best way to renew the passport in the DR? I recall someone telling me the procedure, but I cannot remember all the details except it can be done in Puerto Plata. There is a form to download & fill out and some 2"x2" headshots to take. How much $$$?
  2. There is a page for my residency Visa in the passport. Do I need a new page, or do my cedula & residency card make that page not necessary?
I appreciate any info.

TIA.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When I had that problem between US and Canada.....

I renewed a passport but the older one carried the US visa imbedded in it.

I carried the old passport with the new one until the visa renewal got imbedded into the new passport.

Hope that helps.

Feb 7, 2007
Residency visa allows you to apply for residency. Once you have residency the visa is no longer necessary (and actually, visa is valid only 60 or 90 days since issue, so the visa is actually irrelevant at this point).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I need to renew my US passport issued in July 2010. It has a page for my residency visa.

2 Questions:
  1. What's the best way to renew the passport in the DR? I recall someone telling me the procedure, but I cannot remember all the details except it can be done in Puerto Plata. There is a form to download & fill out and some 2"x2" headshots to take. How much $$$?
  2. There is a page for my residency Visa in the passport. Do I need a new page, or do my cedula & residency card make that page not necessary?
I appreciate any info.

TIA.

Rubio Higuey has it figured .... it was a temp...
Perm over rules everything...........DUH!!!!

glad somebody thinks here..........

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I got a call from a US Consular official who set me up with the right folks in POP to "git 'er done"...

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.