Pressure Treated Lumber

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What is it called here, and where would be a good source of quality US-standard product in the Santiago area?

I understand "treated" here means coated with creosote, not what I'm looking for...

TIA

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
What is it called here, and where would be a good source of quality US-standard product in the Santiago area?

I understand "treated" here means coated with creosote, not what I'm looking for...

TIA
I bought it at Gaspar Hdz at Pappaterra as Tratado y Secado.

I hope I bought the right thing... looked as close as I could find to US caliber without driving to Americana or such in Sto Domingo. Holding up ok so far....

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Nodeca , It's by far the biggest lumber yard I've seen in the DR , they have every type of wood you can imagine and they will plane it , on the way to pop less then 5 min. after you pass Ochoa autos .

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What exactly are you looking for.? Every Ferretaria has pressure treated wood that I believe is treated with Copper .......
Most of it is pine from Chile or Georgia. There's a lumber yard on the left (on the corner) as you go down the hill, just before the bridge across the river leaving Jarabacoa for La Vega. The owner is an old Cuban guy- speaks English.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Ochoa has an American Wolmanizing wood treating plant where lumber is heated and pressure treated in a huge vacuum tank.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I don’t know what the area is called. It’s off of the highway about halfway to Navarrete, near Ochoa’s automated block plant.