Good Doctor, Clinic Or Hospital Needed In Santiago ASAP!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
My wife has been sick for a few days and getting worse, very bad today 7:30AM now, I had no sleep yet. We live in La Cienger in the Campo, about 10 minutes or so from 27...Any good clinics, Doctors or Hospitals??? We have no insurance, But want a good Doctor regardless...

Please Help

Thanks!

Anthony

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My wife has been sick for a few days and getting worse, very bad today 7:30AM now, I had no sleep yet. We live in La Cienger in the Campo, about 10 minutes or so from 27...Any good clinics, Doctors or Hospitals??? We have no insurance, But want a good Doctor regardless...

Please Help

Thanks!

Anthony

Best hospital is HOMS. The no insurance thing is probably a big issue.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no insurance means 1000 pesos for a consult. go to cabral baez. it's a public hospital but you may not be able to afford anything else.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay thanks a bunch!!! She has been sick for about 2 weeks now with flu like symptoms, then over the past 2 days or so bam! getting sick and mostly just bile coming out. I suspect a bad Gallbladder, stomach pain is off the chain in the solar plexus area to the belly button and around to the back, pancreas area. No fever, so it seems not to be any kind of an infection, but been giving her Doxycycline which has cleared up her respiratory congestion. That said, how are those Doctors with surgery should she need to have her Gallbladder removed?

We are getting ready to go soon as suggested, will find out the cost I guess when we get there and I am a tad concerned about going to those public hospitals although its free...Hospitals in Santiago has been saved to my favorites...

Thanks again!

Anthony

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you can afford to, go to "HOMS"!
AND, can you "Afford NOT TO"???????
The public hospitals are overflowing right now, AND a cesspool of contamination.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
anthony, honey, i swear your post above looks like you are talking about one of your dogs or something...

in any case. high fever and vomiting, as well as pain, headache and other things you describe correspond with chikungunya virus, very common now in most of the provinces. i suggest that you skip doxy and treat your woman with plenty of hydrating fluids. have her drink agua de coco, tea and water. buy hydrating powder in a pharmacy, 50 pesos per packet, different flavours, to be dissolved in one liter of clean water. alternatively use one liter of water with 6 teaspoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of salt. squeeze in an orange for better taste.

you can use some acetaminophen for pain and fever. she'll be better in few days. a public hospital will diagnose and treat her for free.

May 5, 2007
Okay thanks a bunch!!! She has been sick for about 2 weeks now with flu like symptoms, then over the past 2 days or so bam! getting sick and mostly just bile coming out. I suspect a bad Gallbladder, stomach pain is off the chain in the solar plexus area to the belly button and around to the back, pancreas area. No fever, so it seems not to be any kind of an infection, but been giving her Doxycycline which has cleared up her respiratory congestion. That said, how are those Doctors with surgery should she need to have her Gallbladder removed?

We are getting ready to go soon as suggested, will find out the cost I guess when we get there and I am a tad concerned about going to those public hospitals although its free...Hospitals in Santiago has been saved to my favorites...

Thanks again!

Anthony

Anthony, for crying out loud what are you thinking? The public hospital may not be the Mayo clinic but it is a whole lot better than you or the internet. Get her there guy