"All the prison authorities wanted from us was the money."

I am not surprised.
Dominican justice system at its best.

donP

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Money talks in certain circumstances and when you only have access to certain people, that's the bottom line, regardless if you are innocent or guilty.

May 5, 2007

Wow Is this the lady there was so much discussion about on the North Coast threads? The one that allegedly ran over her husband a couple times?

I thought some posters said she was guaranteed to spend 30 years or even life in prison This all becomes so confusing, just when you think something is absolutely correct it changes

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Wow Is this the lady there was so much discussion about on the North Coast threads? The one that allegedly ran over her husband a couple times?

I thought some posters said she was guaranteed to spend 30 years or even life in prison This all becomes so confusing, just when you think something is absolutely correct it changes

I think Robert said it best.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Someone should ask, where exactly is that "bail" money now? Its another national disgrace which is now international. If Danilo were smart, he would have had the family secretly use marked money and then have every thief locked up for 30 years, with no chance of Dominican bail. If a country has no rule of law what does it have?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Someone should ask, where exactly is that "bail" money now? Its another national disgrace which is now international. If Danilo were smart, he would have had the family secretly use marked money and then have every thief locked up for 30 years, with no chance of Dominican bail. If a country has no rule of law what does it have?

Good question - and a lot of money for "bail", about $110-115,000/USD.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I want to get this straight in my mind; posters on this site applaud the killing of non-convicted criminals by the police. (no rule of law) but disdain the idea that another non-convicted criminal be subject to theft and leaves the country. (no rule of law).

So how do I know when to applaud without having to ask here? This sounds like a good deal for everyone; no trial, no death, no jail expenss and enough money to go around. clap-clap-clap yippie!!!!

May 5, 2007
I want to get this straight in my mind; posters on this site applaud the killing of non-convicted criminals by the police. (no rule of law) but disdain the idea that another non-convicted criminal be subject to theft and leaves the country. (no rule of law).

So how do I know when to applaud without having to ask here? This sounds like a good deal for everyone; no trial, no death, no jail expenss and enough money to go around. clap-clap-clap yippie!!!!

Which ever the way the wind is blowing that day

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

There WAS a trial, she's been convicted and was IN jail serving her sentence, and her husband IS dead.

But money talks louder than a verdict in DR sometimes.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I believe this sort of thing happens all the time People are murdered assulted and robbed , money is paid and a trial never happens. This is what I hear.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Good question - and a lot of money for "bail", about $110-115,000/USD.

It is half of what the courts evidently asked for last year, here is the link to one of the many already closed threads on the subject http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/135483-theres-storm-brewin-21.html

I am glad she is home, really, as she kept being reported as very sick and the prison food is just horrible. But I am sorry that none of the reporters bothered to have any sort of balanced story about the DR. And I do think that it was good that she was in jail.. ok, sentanced to 12, served 2, fine of 125k plus large amount to victim's family.

seems like some sort of justice to me

better than having her health deteriorate in jail,

May 5, 2007
Having a little trouble recalling screen name seeing as I never saw it anyplace BUT That thread about this woman some guy on North Coast that said he was real estate agent, tour guide or sumpin, he raged about any leniency or clemency for the woman Kind of like the all stars of the thread about “Canadians jailed in Punta Cana” Where are they now? (I’ll always remember sweet Big Jim and polite el Toro from that mess It’s surprising they don’t frequent DR1 as Big Jim supposedly is trip advisors “Expert” on Punta Cana, or so he says))

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is half of what the courts evidently asked for last year, here is the link to one of the many already closed threads on the subject http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/135483-theres-storm-brewin-21.html

I am glad she is home, really, as she kept being reported as very sick and the prison food is just horrible. But I am sorry that none of the reporters bothered to have any sort of balanced story about the DR. And I do think that it was good that she was in jail.. ok, sentanced to 12, served 2, fine of 125k plus large amount to victim's family.

seems like some sort of justice to me

better than having her health deteriorate in jail,

I am more of an eye for an eye type of person, but then I bring myself back with the fact of where I live.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You gotta love the RD justice system.
I always thought bail was for people awaiting trial. She had a trail and was sentenced.
Another observance I had was that she was suffering from severe kidney disease and almost dead from lack of treatment in jail.
She proceeds to go home to drink champagne and wine to celebrate. ummm That is a great kidney disease treatment.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You gotta love the RD justice system.
I always thought bail was for people awaiting trial. She had a trail and was sentenced.
Another observance I had was that she was suffering from severe kidney disease and almost dead from lack of treatment in jail.
She proceeds to go home to drink champagne and wine to celebrate. ummm That is a great kidney disease treatment.

Doesn't alcohol help kidney issues? I know I only rent beer when I drink it. I never really own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.