AAASosua -Dog and Cat Adoptions

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
The Team have been asked to post this update on the dogs and cats available for adoption at the AAASosua Facility next to Coastal Gas Station.

animals_dominican_republic_logo_zps93adb8e3.jpg

Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a - Dog and Cat Adoptions

The AAASosua Web site has been updated with the latest dogs and cats (as of 6th June 2014) available for adoption. Most have been spayed/neutered and have received the appropriate parasite medications and are ready to be adopted into their forever home.
Take this opportunity to look at them by going to this link :

Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

An opportunity like this may not come for some time as AAASosua is going through reorganisation and soon will not be able to take in rescue animals , nor carry out emergency medical actions on animals until the reorganisation is completed.

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
The Team has been asked to put some additional contact information as the " Contact Us " on the Adoptions page on the AAAS web site is not functioning correctly at this time.

Contact Details for Adoptions :

info@aaasosua.com

809-571-1167 Cel 809-425-4465

Helping the animals of Sosua since 1998
Want to volunteer or make a tax deductible donation

Please note AAASosua does not have shelter facilities at this time.

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
AAASosua Dog and Cat Adoptions

The Team has been asked to put some additional information :

The AAASosua Web site has been updated (7th July) and a number of Dogs and Cats are still available for adoption.

Spay/Neuter for dogs and cats | Dog Adoptions | Trap neuter release programs | Emergency medical treatment in Sosua, Charamicos, and Sosua Abajo in the Dominican Republic

Got to the Adopt a Pet button and then click on Pets needing homes. You will see pictures and descriptions, and who to contact.

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
AAASosua Update on the Puppies

The Team has been asked to put some additional information about the "Puppies" on the Adoptions page on the AAAS web site.

From Judith Liggio , President AAASosua

Someone dropped off a box of puppies in the middle of the day in the parking lot of Dr. Bob in early June.
I could not leave them there.
They have been here for over five weeks and are about 10 weeks old now. With good treatment and good food starting to are really growing and will be medium sized dogs. There are 4 girls and one boy. The white one is a female. All have had second vaccine and are ready for new homes. All come with AAAS contract for final vaccine and spay/neuter when the time comes.
CIMG4834_zps40b69f0d.jpg

CIMG4827_zps8d047fb3.jpg

CIMG4829_zps84f793eb.jpg

CIMG4839_zpsbe67c3e4.jpg

AAASosua will continue to care for them until someone finds a place in their life for one or more of them.

If you have room in your hearts adopt one or more of these lovely puppies!

Contact : Judy at info@aaasosua.com or via AAASosua Facebook page.

CIMG4830_zps1bdc1d2f.jpg

CIMG4839_zpsbe67c3e4.jpg

CIMG4843_zps8c11543f.jpg

CIMG4802_zps0b7cc251.jpg

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Who needs to be rescued?

The Team has been asked to put some additional information about the Dogs on the Adoptions page on the AAAS web site.

Who needs to be rescued?
We all have met Vanessa as we call her. Her story goes, she was waiting for her owner and was in the same spot for 4 days before someone “rescued” her. They asked AAAS to assist with spay/neuter vaccines and they wanted to keep her. So we did our part. Apparently something went wrong and no one ever returned for her.

VanessaPOP_zpsb5929711.jpg

She was OK here for a while as she recovered from her surgery, she was looking beautiful and strong. Dogs don’t really have a sense of time but the working Dominican Dog needs a purpose. She is developing an anxiety disorder as she has nowhere to use her skills and abilities. Here she is fed and has lots of room to exercise, she needs a person or family. She gets a long with other dogs Wherever she was, whatever her true story ,is taking these dogs away from where they were truly better?
She would make a great guard dog for any home and would be happy in a fenced yard or an open Finca. These dogs are very intuitive and adapt to any situation as long as they have a function.
Its sad as this dog had the patience to wait for her owner and now she has a hard time just relaxing. She has been here almost two months.
If you know someone who needs a working farm dog or a family pet and has a yard, please let them know that she is available. Her friend Spotty is also available.

Spotty_zps6eac85ae.jpg

People seem to find us when they have a dog in need. What they don’t seem to realize is every group has a limit of dogs they can properly care for. If the local community does not assist with rehoming dogs “rescued” no one can continue to take dogs in. Dogs that truly need to be confined for medical reasons sometimes have to be turned away as there just isn’t enough hours in the day to meet the needs of all of the thousands that live here in the DR.

If you want a dog like Vanessa contact Judy info@aaasosua.com

or look at the AAASosua Web site Spay/Neuter for dogs and cats | Dog Adoptions | Trap neuter release programs | Emergency medical treatment in Sosua, Charamicos, and Sosua Abajo in the Dominican Republic and look at pet adoptions.

AAASosua is now concentrating on Sosua, El Batey, Sosua Abajo and Charamicos. AAASosua is not an animal rescue organistation.
Many other organisations exist now to rescue dogs and cats but AAAsosua is concentrating on Spay/Nuerter clinics that permanently affect the local population of animals and give them a better quality of life.

Judy Liggio , President AAASosua

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The Team have been asked to post this update on the dogs and cats available for adoption at the AAASosua Facility next to Coastal Gas Station.

animals_dominican_republic_logo_zps93adb8e3.jpg

Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a - Dog and Cat Adoptions

The AAASosua Web site has been updated with the latest dogs and cats (as of 6th June 2014) available for adoption. Most have been spayed/neutered and have received the appropriate parasite medications and are ready to be adopted into their forever home.
Take this opportunity to look at them by going to this link :

An opportunity like this may not come for some time as AAASosua is going through reorganisation and soon will not be able to take in rescue animals , nor carry out emergency medical actions on animals until the reorganisation is completed.

Olly and the Team

Oops, thought it was a new post and clicked on what I thought was Like.

It came out Dislike

Bummah

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have this homeless cat who comes to our place to eat and i pondered about taking him to sosua for castration... but i kinda feel that it is unfair? we can pay to have his balls cut off, even thou he is not our cat. eh. it costs money to be nice.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
AAASosua Dog and Cat Adoptions - Jonnie

The Team has been asked to put some additional information about the Dogs on the Adoptions page on the AAAS web site.

Jonnie1_zpsc170e3c4.jpg

Jonnie

Hi, they call me Jonnie now. I was found on the highway between Teremar
and Playero. I am a young male very strong,(50lb) very smart and love to
work. I get along well with others. I had a job before but no one can seem
to find my owner. If you know me , please tell my owner to come and claim
me at AAAS HQ in Sosua next to the Coastal Gas Station. If we can't find them I would love to come and work for
you. Come visit anytime between 10-2 and I will show you what I can do.
Thanks
If you are interested in giving me s a ?Forever Home? please contact us at info@aaasosua.com using the header : attn: ?We like Jonnie and would love to meet him? in the e-mail

Jonnie2_zpse009d7e0.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
How the Puppies have grown and are still looking for a home!

AAASosua Dog and Cat Adoptions - The Puppies

CIMG4693_zps36aa0fe5.jpg

In case anyone forgot about us... we are still waiting for our forever
homes. 3 girls on boy, yes one of us was adopted to a great family.
We are all scheduled for surgery on August 17th but we could wait a while if
we had a real home. Please come visit, even if you can't adopt us we are
always happy when someone nice comes and plays with us.

IMG_2747_zps20b7b5d1.jpg

Judy playing with the new comer Jonnie with the puppies

Puppies3_zps52622760.jpg

At AAASosua HQ next to Coastal Gas Station. Contact : info@aaasosua.com

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Adoptions "Happy Endings"

The Team has been asked to put some "Happy endings" about the Dogs on the Adoptions of Mica to Haiti.

MicaforAdoption_zps8dca1077.jpg

Mica is going to her forever home in Haiti. John Wesley (left) wanted a pet for his home in Haiti. He came several times to visit the dogs waiting here and decided she was the one for him and his family. He travels back and forth but he has a fenced family home in Haiti that will accommodate Micas’ energy as well as offer her the companionship of his family who lives there. Special thanks so speedyrodriguez.com taxi tours(AAAS volunteer Angelo Zamparutti) that not only helped John pick the perfect dog but will provide transport to his home. Thanks to GARF who donates food for the dogs in need here, we sent her on her way with canned as well as dry food.

MicaHaitiBound_zps61481269.jpg

Thanks to all who helped make this happen. Without support of local and international volunteers and sponsors these programs would not be possible.
If you are interested in giving a “Forever Home” to a dog please contact us at info@aaasosua.com using the header : attn: “We would like to adopt! in the e-mail.
A number are still available for adoption including some of the “Puppie” . Go to the AAASosua website for details. ( See Post #13 above for Website Details)

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007