German Found Dead in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
people who want to die have been known to choose the strangest ways out from this world but it is rare for the police to see someone stabbed three times and come to the conclusion the wounds were self inflicted...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
people who want to die have been known to choose the strangest ways out from this world but it is rare for the police to see someone stabbed three times and come to the conclusion the wounds were self inflicted...

Something doesn't sound right - I've never heard of anyone starting a fire first, and then stabbing oneself...... why do they think it was suicide? Was there a note? If so, why would someone write a note and then set the house on fire, which might burn the note?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Removed. Stay on topic, that apply's to mods as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Unless the person has had a psychotic break it is very difficult to inflict 3 stab wounds to himself unless they were superficial. Also I have seen a case where the person attempted suicide by fire but due to the painful nature of this method he jumped off the balcony to his death. Yes it was suicide as he sent 2 emails and called his former wife to tell her what he was going to do.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Before I made a big change and got into technology, I was in law enforcement for 11 years. I have seen most of the ways to die you can imagine, and some you can't. Went on a guy that shot himself twice in the head. That took dedication to the cause. There are some things here that would warrant a extra attention, just to make sure. If that happens, well, that's another story I suppose. Regardless, it's sad.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
According to a friend of the victim, he committed suicide for financial reasons.

Cabarete -. In very strange circumstances the body of a German resident was found this morning inside his residence in the Garden Deportivo sector slashed and burned in his residence.

The deceased was identified as Peter Martin Schafer, German 53-year-old, whose body has at least three knife thrusts, two on the left chest and one on the upper abdomen and at his feet the knife authorities presume was used to inflicted the wounds.

According to reports obtained by DETRAS DEL RUMOR :: Noticias con Profesionalidad y Criterio , the fact could be a suicide, as it is presumed that Schafer, set fire to his bed and then sat on a piece of furniture and the wounds were inferred, presumably for economic reasons, this according to statements obtained by researchers who claim that a friend of the victim stated that he often said that if he ran out of money he would kill himself.

According to the medical examiner diagnosis of the deceased did not die from wounds but from asphyxiation by carbon dioxide, inhaling smoke for a considerable amount of time.

The body was sent to the National Institute of Forensic Science (INACIF) of Santiago de los Caballeros for appropriate action.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr. quotes (Scottish writer, creator of the detective Sherlock Holmes, 1859-1930)

My condolences to friends and family. The exhaustion of his financial means does sound like a possible explanation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a while ago i read an excellent book about suicide methods by geo stone. he mentions a man who cut himself in half using a commercial sawing machine. that's a dedication to the task at hand. if only he'd apply himself just as hard to the undertaking of life, eh? and there is seppuku, of course. so it is perfectly possible to part with this world using a knife, for the lack of a better tool. but i would expect cutting wrists rather than stabbing.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
a while ago i read an excellent book about suicide methods by geo stone. he mentions a man who cut himself in half using a commercial sawing machine. that's a dedication to the task at hand. if only he'd apply himself just as hard to the undertaking of life, eh? and there is seppuku, of course. so it is perfectly possible to part with this world using a knife, for the lack of a better tool. but i would expect cutting wrists rather than stabbing.

Agree. You would think that if someone wanted to die so bad why not choose the easiest, quickest or less painful way out?:dead:

And yet there are those who commit suicide by hanging, drowning, jumping
off of bridges, throwing themselves in front of vehicles, etc.:ermm:

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Agree. You would think that if someone wanted to die so bad why not choose the easiest, quickest or less painful way out?:dead:

They have no trains in the DR.... but a mix of medicine, drugd and alcohol also do the job, the wrists indeed, jumping of a cliff and just drive your car speed up and hit a wall..

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
They have no trains in the DR.... but a mix of medicine, drugd and alcohol also do the job, the wrists indeed, jumping of a cliff and just drive your car speed up and hit a wall..

I see what you mean by a speeding car hitting a brick wall. Instant death.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
According to a friend of the victim, he committed suicide for financial reasons.

QUOTE]

Why not take a flight back to Germany where you still can have a decent life without money...

I questioned that in another thread. Why live in a country that's not their own, having financial
difficulties and living in poverty. And this is the sad result for some.

Most of the time it's because of bad choices.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I see what you mean by a speeding car hitting a brick wall. Instant death.

well, you need to have a car, thou.

i feel that for some desperate times call for desperate measures. it is very sad thou. we all hope that we'd have someone to turn to when we fall on hard times...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Very sad end to a rather young life, RIP and condolences to the family.

Now that we know it was indeed a suicide, let's keep the posts to condolences please.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
btw, does this story ring a bell?
ENCUENTRAN MUERTO CON UN DISPARO EN LA FRENTE RESIDENTE ALEMANA EN SABANETA
SE TRAT? DE ASESINATO NO DE SUICIDIO LA MUERTE DE RESIDENTE ALEM?N EN SABANETA DE YASICA?

this is less than a month ago.

Very sad end to a rather young life, RIP and condolences to the family.
Now that we know it was indeed a suicide, let's keep the posts to condolences please.

we do not really know anything. the article says the death is treated as a suicide, no one can be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.