Good inexpensive hotel in Zona Colonial

D

dans

Hello, I am coming to SD for the first time and am looking for a clean inexpensive hotel in or close to Zona Colonial. I would appreciate any good advice.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello, I am coming to SD for the first time and am looking for a clean inexpensive hotel in or close to Zona Colonial. I would appreciate any good advice.

Don't know what inexpensive is to you but google Hotel Conde de Penalba. It is in the heart of the Colonial Zone. It is a great old colonial style building with both an indoor restaurant and a large outdoor cafe. The rooms are large and airconditioned. They are not fancy but are comfortable. Ask for a room with a balcony. The price is around $75usd a night plus taxes. You are walking distance to all sights in the Zone.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You may want to use outside sites (like google, kayak, hotels.com, etc.) and then put the names of hotels that look interesting into the search feature on DR1. There are dozens of decent hotels in and around the Colonial Zone for $30-$100/nt....many have been reviewed or at least mentioned here.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Antiguo Hotel Europa. 2 min to walk to Plaza Espana. 1 min to walk to Ruinas San Fransisco on sundays. Very good breakfast on a beautiful roofterraza included. Nice staff, secure. There's also another called Europa in the Zona, but take this one on Calle Arzobispo Meri?o.

D

dans

Thanks all, will try as Casa Sancez is fukll on my dates Europa.