Again, Gringo Behavior/ Health Care

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Maybe 10 days ago, I started a Thread about this topic.
I got Pooh-Poohed for a drunken rant. No offense taken.
Since then, just on this site, Two gringos dead.
This Topic should get a Sticky.

Maybe, Locations of any type of care for Emergencies, Directions, etc.

Can't believe how many times I put myself at risk. Not realizing there was no care center close.
Yup! I'm on my 3rd Tumbler of Carlo Rossi Rhine. They sell it in the DR. But I only drink Brugal or My Girlfriends In Gray when there.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Sir Deyvi. What is your obsession with medical emergencies. You received some sound advice on your last post / thread. ...Relax,... you can make it state side for most emergences, unless its a fractured penis. Than you will need to seek the prompt services of a urologic surgeon. You will have to bust a move over to Santiago.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Well... Maybe I'll just go ahead an start a little ambulance service. Critical Care, Paramedic/ RN staffed with all the bells and whistles of a American metro EMS unit. Waddayathink?

neural

Dec 12, 2012
Excellent idea! You could trick that thing out and get pre-paid contracts from the drunken gringos that expect to get into
trouble. And, you could charge more if your drunken gringos put themselves at even higher risk! Box of wine included.

Neural

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Excellent idea! You could trick that thing out and get pre-paid contracts from the drunken gringos that expect to get into
trouble. And, you could charge more if your drunken gringos put themselves at even higher risk! Box of wine included.

Neural

Well, I think you just came up with the name! "Drunken Gringo EMS" My call sign will be Borracho 1! I'll have a picture of some shirtless fat guy passed out next to a palm tree on the side. I could even offer roadside Penicillin shots for that 'gift you don't want to bring back to the wife'.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
@drSix: Don't forget to hire some formal qualified nurses for the EMS Unit ;)

I think I'd have to... As far as I can tell Paramedic means nothing down here! This is something I am going to explore once I have been here long enough and know Spanish. Not so much an ambulance service, but more of a quick response/intercept service. The last service I worked for in the US was set up like this. We provided ALS and Critical Care Paramedics to all the rural ambulance services and hospitals. A paramedic with equipment would respond in an SUV, and the local ambulance would transport the pt.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe 10 days ago, I started a Thread about this topic.
I got Pooh-Poohed for a drunken rant. No offense taken.
Since then, just on this site, Two gringos dead.
This Topic should get a Sticky.

Maybe, Locations of any type of care for Emergencies, Directions, etc.

Can't believe how many times I put myself at risk. Not realizing there was no care center close.
Yup! I'm on my 3rd Tumbler of Carlo Rossi Rhine. They sell it in the DR. But I only drink Brugal or My Girlfriends In Gray when there.

Wondering what could have possibly killed two gringos on DR1??

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Call for one of the helicopter air ambulances now "On Call" around the DR!!!!!!
I believe that "Pichardo" has their # !!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
But what if your sim was just blocked even though you wanted to register your prepaid cellphone plan but:
1. the website to register is not working (orange)
2. the number to dial from your phone to get it registered is not working (orange)
3. the stores have lines like if they are handing out free iphones.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Call for one of the helicopter air ambulances now "On Call" around the DR!!!!!!
I believe that "Pichardo" has their # !!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yea, I signed up for one of them. $80 a year for all of us. They said they'd be there in "10 min, anywhere on the island" and they are staffed my a Dr. and nurse with all the AHA creds. I'll believe it when I see it.