ESPN HD not working on Cable de Norte

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
well for me anyway. Anybody else has the same problem?

Please Cable De Norte, fix this, it's the World cup...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DR cable providers have been told they can no longer steal signals for their customers. Hopefully that is not the problem with ESPN for you.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Does not looks like HD to me and in Spanish... Cable de Norte is supposed to have the ESPN in Hd right? channel 417...anyway when I paid it was on the list...

I was not replying to the issue of HD, just the fact that ESPN 82 and 74 are off air. 15 works for me anyway as I couldn't care what the announcers are saying. Just waiting for goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!:cheeky:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
HDR, do you have a special box for HD? We only have SD capable boxes from Cable Del Norte.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I was not replying to the issue of HD, just the fact that ESPN 82 and 74 are off air. 15 works for me anyway as I couldn't care what the announcers are saying. Just waiting for goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!:cheeky:

That must be the Sosua (Delancer) no?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
American channels do not have the rights to show WC football on Dominican cable.
The signals have been blocked for most of the matches in the last few World Cups.
It is really disappointing that there was no HD channel for the first match and Bauger and the 'in match' commercials are a real pain in the arse.
Plenty of online streams, but good HD quality, i am not so sure. If you are still one of those with a parabola that receives signals direct from outside DR, then better still.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It costs 100 pesos extra a month for the channel 4xx. Need to go to Cable de Norte to fix it for your box

The cable boxes from Cable Del Norte that we have are SD only and I have no interest in those channels (never ever watched soccer) and I don't watch cable TV here. The cable is for our renters and my wife. I have alternate means to watch TV.

Jan 17, 2009
I don't believe this is correct, cause I just finished watching Italy vs. Spain on ESPN (non-HD) with Cable del Norte. Earlier on the first two games were on ABC. Check the ESPN schedule.

American channels do not have the rights to show WC football on Dominican cable.
The signals have been blocked for most of the matches in the last few World Cups.
It is really disappointing that there was no HD channel for the first match and Bauger and the 'in match' commercials are a real pain in the arse.
Plenty of online streams, but good HD quality, i am not so sure. If you are still one of those with a parabola that receives signals direct from outside DR, then better still.