Rd lug?

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Funny! But it is true. IT is a very broad subject that is seldom, if ever, covered by one person. It helps to have experts at-hand to get advice from.

Hey DV8 I heard a clever polish saying 'not my circus, not my monkeys' not relevant here but many other places.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I suppose LUG could be Linux Users Group and RD being Republica Dominicana, but I really have no idea.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Linux Users Need Help!

I had some good laughs at the jokes: Linus vs. Linux, etc. And folk did deduce "LUG!" Or were already familiar. Some googled!

Yes, since Linux is a robust and advanced OS, also free (FOSS), Linux users have their own support forums, for example, linuxquestions.org and ubuntuforums.org I'm a member of both. I'm not an advanced user but Linux is now my primary OS and I've used it since 2002.

But a LUG is more like a club where people meet socially for the same purpose. LUG's are all over the world--except for R.D. -- it appears.

Any more Linux users out there? I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 32 bit, from a netbook outputted to a used monitor via D-Sub that I purchased for RD 1000. How about you?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
That would be Linus, not LInux. Linux was started by Linus Torvalds, however.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=Linus+torvalds&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As of the moment we still have no idea what the OP is really about.

The OP is about finding people in the Dominican Republic (via this forum) who might be interested in starting a Linux Users' Group in the Dominican Republic, specifically, Santo Domingo. Something fun and informal . . but also for learning. I admit I was being tongue-in-cheek about not defining "LUG" -- a way to catalyze interest!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

@windeguy --

But you do! LOL! What's your distro and DE?

Ubuntu Studio and KXStudio are the two versions I use at the moment. Primarily I have switched from Ubuntu Studio to KXStudio because it supports a later version of WINE. (This will be as clear as Greek to those not from Greece).

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
The OP is about finding people in the Dominican Republic (via this forum) who might be interested in starting a Linux Users' Group in the Dominican Republic, specifically, Santo Domingo. Something fun and informal . . but also for learning. I admit I was being tongue-in-cheek about not defining "LUG" -- a way to catalyze interest!
I don't like being manipulated for your pleasure. Say what you want or get lost!