New tattoo & piercing shop in Sosua

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Marina is from Russia and does top work (not cheap though). She is now working for a month in Canada doing Tattoos in a Studio in Edmonton (or was it Vancouver?). Can't wait that she comes back to continue on one of mine :)

Thanks Carib, when we make it to PC we will check them out. The wife wants one but I have been skeptical about the Tat places here!

ChrisNYC

Sep 6, 2011
I highly doubt that they have a functional autoclave machine for sterilizing.

When you get a tattoo don't be cheap !!! I am fully covered....trust me.

LA San Francisco and NYC all have amazing artists......When you get a tattoo don't be a CHEAPSKATE.

Also sun is the worst thing for a tattoo. Why get ink done when you won't be able to show it off or risk having it ruined...

My advice...DON'T DO IT.

ChrisNYC

Sep 6, 2011
You mean tattoo shops still reuse needles? Autoclave or not, sounds like a bad idea.

Both but you never really know what's going on. At least in the USA there are strict laws to enforce it and most americans are germ phobes. Lets see turn a customer away because my supplies haven't arrived from the states or re use a needle and get my pay check. If you were in the DR which would you choose ?

It's just not worth it..so much could go wrong. I hope this guy gets a good local clientele but as a foreigner you have WAY MORE options open to you so why risk it ?

May 29, 2006
I think there was at least one shop in Sosua where they weren't properly sterilizing the needles about 10 years back. If you can get HIV from a dentist(happened in FL), then tattoos would be much easier... Not that some HIV+ chica would get tattoos.. they're WAY too classy for that..

I highly doubt that they have a functional autoclave machine for sterilizing.

When you get a tattoo don't be cheap !!! I am fully covered....trust me.

LA San Francisco and NYC all have amazing artists......When you get a tattoo don't be a CHEAPSKATE.

Also sun is the worst thing for a tattoo. Why get ink done when you won't be able to show it off or risk having it ruined...

My advice...DON'T DO IT.

Thank you for your concern but I am covered as well and we live here and have gotten tats in many shady Countries. I always check conditions before and if we find a good person then great!

The only thing I cheap out on is socks!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I always wanted one of those big tattoos on my neck that are so popular. That way when you walk the streets people know you are unemployed and leave you alone.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I always wondered why dark-skinned people don't have white or light coloured tattoos?

It should be possible these days with all the colours available.

(Don't go turning this into a racist rant you bigots, It's just an observation.)

May 29, 2006
tattoo-locations.jpg