Car Covers for Sun protection, moisture and storage

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The one i posted has the breathable fabric to let moisture escape... Since I am here currently in Toronto I'll head to crappy tire and pick one up... Just hope I get the right size.. small SUV Chevy Trax LT..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you are on the NC you may consider leaving your car in one of sosua's storage places. for 38-39 dollars a month it will be stored under a roof, not exposed to elements. one of the storage places offers having your car aired and turned on periodically. i think it may be a good idea for those who leave their car here for months at a time.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
if you are on the NC you may consider leaving your car in one of sosua's storage places. for 38-39 dollars a month it will be stored under a roof, not exposed to elements. one of the storage places offers having your car aired and turned on periodically. i think it may be a good idea for those who leave their car here for months at a time.

I wish I knew of one of these storage facilities on the south coast, until we get back down there I'll be imagining all sorts of things happening to our car.

We did use a car cover, even though the car is in our garage.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

I wish they had one of these on the East Coast...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I wish they had one of these on the East Coast...

the two storage places in sosua have been mentioned here which is how i knew they exists. i googled (gasp!) their details when someone asked me for a safe storage of their car. maybe those in PC or SD area know more about such facilities in those locations. some mudanza companies may offer storage as well.

and there, a good business idea for those who have plenty of land :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nothing to worry about -- many overthink this thing.

My car was outside, in a field thru one of Philadelphia's worst ever winters.... my wife's car too.
Mine from the end of Oct to end of April..... untouched, not started but a trickle charger (solar)

My RD cars sit about 2 months, under a roof

CTango, they'll have a sizing chart for your car or use my site
Bungee cords help to hold it in place if wind is a problem.

For serious storage, go to Maserati Life .com or FChat.com for the Ferarri tips.
These people store cars regularly for months at a time and have all the scoop.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004

Thanks for the promo! Cars are a good bit of our business. Feel free to pm me for more information.