3 Caught in Mao Murder Case

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
May be a simple google search but is there capital punishment here in the DR? I'm not looking to debate but bring the hammer down. Now being a satistic here in the DR myself seems stiffer punishment may be needed to detour crime. Really glad to see they caught them and thanks donP for the post!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
May be a simple google search but is there capital punishment here in the DR? I'm not looking to debate but bring the hammer down. Now being a satistic here in the DR myself seems stiffer punishment may be needed to detour crime. Really glad to see they caught them and thanks donP for the post!

Officially, nope. If the evidence is correctly collected and presented in court, I'm guessing they might get 30 years each.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No capital punishment here. And when you think about it, with the thoroughness and competence of the police and legal system here, he said satirically, this may be one country where capital punishment might best be avoided.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Officially, nope. If the evidence is correctly collected and presented in court, I'm guessing they might get 30 years each.

Unless they have some money to pay the right people, then they'll be home before you can blink.

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014

Sorry touched the dislike by mistake. Using an iPad and have to be careful when scrolling

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Seems that murderers are dealt with expediciously in the north west .. .. I wonder if murder cases are very common in this rather remote town ?? And I wonder if they have a local prison for these men ??If not, the sentance is very grim indeed

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010

well of course in any system based on English rules of evidence , the confession could not be admitted as evidence and the accused more than likely would be freed . Here ,of course, there are virtually no rules governing evidence and the defence never properly tests the prosecution case . A prosecution can easily destroy its case if duress is proved.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

They might get "sentenced" to 30 years but how long they actually serve will depend on who they do or do not know.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i couldnt imagine confessing to a crime such as that and not getting anything...

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
In thirty years the victim will still be dead. I'm with yacht chef on this one.
Seems that murderers are dealt with expediciously in the north west .. .. I wonder if murder cases are very common in this rather remote town ?? And I wonder if they have a local prison for these men ??If not, the sentance is very grim indeed