DR the highest death rate in moto accidents in AL

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot make good headlines.
here is an article: Muertes de motoristas de Rep?blica Dominicana es la m?s alta de Am?rica Latina - DiarioLibre.com

so AMETsays that DR has the highest incidence of deaths in moto accidents in latin america. this is not a good news, i guess, since there are so many motos in DR and they are the only mean of transport for many. in the last few days there has been a string of accidents here on the NC (roughly from POP to cabarete) involving motos with several deaths and plenty of people severely injured.

mapfre (car insurance company) boss proposes to collect the traffic fines via nomina (directly from the payroll):
Propone cobrar multas a motociclistas v?a n?mina para bajar siniestrabilidad

not a bad idea but many moto drivers do not work legally so they do not have payroll. i would use debt collector companies maybe. they do a good job here getting people to pay sky high money lending rates too, so maybe fines could be charged the same way. and there is, of course, impounding the vehicle and only releasing it upon paying the fine.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i cannot make good headlines.
here is an article: Muertes de motoristas de Rep?blica Dominicana es la m?s alta de Am?rica Latina - DiarioLibre.com

so AMETsays that DR has the highest incidence of deaths in moto accidents in latin america. this is not a good news, i guess, since there are so many motos in DR and they are the only mean of transport for many. in the last few days there has been a string of accidents here on the NC (roughly from POP to cabarete) involving motos with several deaths and plenty of people severely injured.

mapfre (car insurance company) boss proposes to collect the traffic fines via nomina (directly from the payroll):
Propone cobrar multas a motociclistas v?a n?mina para bajar siniestrabilidad

not a bad idea but many moto drivers do not work legally so they do not have payroll. i would use debt collector companies maybe. they do a good job here getting people to pay sky high money lending rates too, so maybe fines could be charged the same way. and there is, of course, impounding the vehicle and only releasing it upon paying the fine.

what fines are we talking about?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
No surprise, seeing how they drive their motorbikes and in what condition they are...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
80% of all deaths/maiming involving motos are at night, and 80% of those involve alcohol.

I've formed a group that has been working directly with the Ministry of Health for over a year now to try solving this problem.

It IS solvable.

There may be some official news in a few months. Stay tuned.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Any update on the condition of "Escott"??????
He was severely injured watching a "Bike Race" on the "NC" several months ago.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Any update on the condition of "Escott"??????
He was severely injured watching a "Bike Race" on the "NC" several months ago.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Doing well, back in country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what fines are we talking about?

there are fines for various things. if you did not pay them you cannot renew your license. which explains why so many dominicans don't bother with the license in the first place.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
I don't see any problem with this highest death rate. If these subhumans kill themselves that way, what's the problem? Of course it's better if they suicide at home, not on public roads, but this world is not perfect, unfortunately.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Outbreeding the Death Rate

I don't see any problem with this highest death rate. If these subhumans kill themselves that way, what's the problem?

The problem is that they breed faster than they kill themselves.... :cheeky:

donP

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The problem is that they breed faster than they kill themselves.... :cheeky:
Mandatory abortions/sterilization is the perfect solution for countries like this. It can fix all problems, including motorcycle accidents.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Crowd Pullers

Mandatory abortions/sterilization is the perfect solution for countries like this. It can fix all problems, including motorcycle accidents.

Not feasible.

Those gruesome acccidents are an essential part of the Dominican entertainment requirements (> panem et circenses)... :tired:

No bloody limbs strewn all over?
No more cracked skulls with (yet little) brain mass visible?

No, I guess, people would be bored and fall into depression.

donP