Who is the authorized Importer for Chevrolet in the DR?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Who is the authorized Importer for Chevrolet in the DR? I know its Delta for toyota, Magna for Hyundai, Viamor for Ford.

Guzman Ariza has advised me to buy my new Car directly from the Authorized Importer, this way most likely no funny business.

Who is the authorized Importer for Chevrolet in the DR? No way I could find that on Google.. It might be SD Motors? But the sales girl wasn't sure..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The authorized car importing dealerships, "Authorize" other dealers to sell their cars.
More "Market Penetration" that way!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Their "Web Designer", must be their "Service Manager" too!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The authorized car importing dealerships, "Authorize" other dealers to sell their cars.
More "Market Penetration" that way!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Their "Web Designer", must be their "Service Manager" too!

You don't need a service manager when you don't stock any parts. Saves all the hassle.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

indeed, SD motors authorize a number of dealers in DR. i know in POP it's apollo motors on manolo tavarez justo. there is also one in santiago. not sure about POP area. buying in any of those should be as safe as dealing SD motors directly.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Such an excellent web site they have,,,, NOT.

Website? We don't need no stinkin' web site. You are letting your North American or European thinking get in the way. A majority of these businesses don't maintain websites. This would make too much sense but also be very costly and as we know Dominican businesses are all about keeping as much of the profits in their pockets. Spend money to make money is not their montra. Besides, if something was stated as fact on a website than they might just have to honor it and that just wouldn't make much sense in the DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
as dv8 says, No Coast is Apollo Motors -- very nice people

Chevrolet and other brands...

same old RD story - watch the price.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Shortage of PARTS, is one problem.
My friend has a "Blazer", the handle to adjust the seat back broke.
They NEVER could get him a replacement, NEVER!!!!
I went there years ago to look at some "SUV's" they had parked in their used car lot.
I found a nice "Suburban".
I asked about the "Garrantee"????????
There was NONE!
He said that once I drove it off the lot, I owned it, not them!
Another friend crashed his "Nissan", they couldn't get the parts, he took it to a body shop, they got them from Florida.
Maybe the new "Manager" has improved service there.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I guess that when "Don P" needs car parts up there in Florida, he orders them from Santo Domingo Motors??????

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Shortage of PARTS, is one problem.
My friend has a "Blazer", the handle to adjust the seat back broke.
They NEVER could get him a replacement, NEVER!!!!
I went there years ago to look at some "SUV's" they had parked in their used car lot.
I found a nice "Suburban".
I asked about the "Garrantee"????????
There was NONE!
He said that once I drove it off the lot, I owned it, not them!
Another friend crashed his "Nissan", they couldn't get the parts, he took it to a body shop, they got them from Florida.
Maybe the new "Manager" has improved service there.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I guess that when "Don P" needs car parts up there in Florida, he orders them from Santo Domingo Motors??????

I have become very well versed at the importation of replacement parts that the dealers here do not stock. That is just about every part. Service is not part of the DR business model (while service makes more money than the sale for most dealers in the US) . Even if they could order the parts from the factory, they refuse to do it. So you have to do it yourself.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can tell you I bought a new vehicle from them a few years ago, and every time I go to the parts counter they tell me they do not carry parts for it, because there are too many respuestos that sell the same parts cheaper.

They do not carry a lot of parts. They DO have a service department that does maintenance, but their parts are limited to preventative maintenance parts.

In other words about all they can do is change your oil and filter and if you don't go to them to do so, you probably void your warranty. Am I correct?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Why.. that's very observant on your part, and you would be correct.

But, what could be wrong about paying 6-8 thousand pesos for an oil change?

Since they don't have any parts for my vehicle, and I do my own maintenance stuff, why do I need them anyway?

Wow, where do you go for a 6-8 thousand peso oil change???? We had our oil & filter changed - using Mobil 1 [and we watched them unseal the bottles and put them in] - for 3500 pesos. Place called 48 hours or something like that, on Independencia, close to Jimenez Moya [Churchill]