Dominican Republic should take Haiti over

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I said it should, the Haitians would be better off under Dominican Rule. They would never be able to fend for themselves an they are already dead weight in our shoulders. Their cheap labor is partly to blame as what's making the 1% of the Dominican Republic's fat cats fatter and the rest poorer. So, most Haitians would be better under our ruling than on their own.

They are already under our healthcare by crossing our borders flooding our hospitals by just crossing the border to get health care where 8 out of every 10 people treated are Haitians. Also they are already under our school systems. Thousands of Haitians children cross our borders daily to attend our schools for free. Also while most foreigns pay higher fees than Dominicans to attend our universities, DR gives most Haitians scholarships and are also charged the same fees Dominicans pay.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Take over Haiti with what?!?

No offense, but as poor and disorganized as they are, the Haitians would still make mincemeat of any Dominican invasion force.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I said it should, the Haitians would be better off under Dominican Rule. They would never be able to fend for themselves an they are already dead weight in our shoulders. Their cheap labor is partly to blame as what's making the 1% of the Dominican Republic's fat cats fatter and the rest poorer. So, most Haitians would be better under our ruling than on their own.

They are already under our healthcare by crossing our borders flooding our hospitals by just crossing the border to get health care where 8 out of every 10 people treated are Haitians. Also they are already under our school systems. Thousands of Haitians children cross our borders daily to attend our schools for free. Also while most foreigns pay higher fees than Dominicans to attend our universities, DR gives most Haitians scholarships and are also charged the same fees Dominicans pay.

The Haitian Dominican Republic Hmmmmmm!!!!!!!

I like that!!!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Most Haitians stay in Haiti. There are LOTS of them there."

They are still saving for the trip...:bunny:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

Yes, it would be an interesting plan. Instead of bothering to build a wall,you can just mount an invasion to take back the border lands. Start the rumour NOW! This will help mobilize Haiti, probably. And a large portion of the Haitians who are here, what do the Nacionalistas have the number up to now, 3 million, I think, which would make it almost a quarter of the now bloated population.. so every fourth person is a Haitian. Well, as soon as the War starts, everyone who can really speak Kreyole, they will go back.

As for the figures on the border, yes, well, these are for pregnant women. This is big issue and I do not know why the DR just keeps doing this and does not put this onto the international community, or get more help with it instead of just complaining about it. It is Not that they are coming to stay here or that they live here.. it is that the DR provides this Free service.. How do they get in??????? Is it that a pregnant woman approaches the border guards and they just let her pass? I suppose that is the case.

Now I know that there is a good hospital in Belledaire. And a decent clinic in Anse a Pitre. And pretty much Nothing in Ouanaminthe.

En hospitales de la frontera nacen dos ni?os haitianos por cada parturienta de RD -
But you cannot blame the Haitians if you give a free service and they take advantage of it.

But you are training Hundreds of Haitian Doctors here in the DR/// I have NEVER once heard a proposal from your government that any country from the international community should help them set up clinics on the border for the Haitian women..

Because ,, well, DR doctors want those jobs. And in Haiti, the Haitian doctors require that all physicians train with them.

As for educating the Haitians, I expect the logic is that you are raising up little Dominicans. Dominicans do not want to stay on the border, they do not want to move to the border. But if you educate the young Haitians, then, at least they will think as you do.

Haitians pay the same fees as Dominicans at the UASD. Many are given scholarships.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Take over Haiti with what?!?

No offense, but as poor and disorganized as they are, the Haitians would still make mincemeat of any Dominican invasion force.

Bwahahahahahaha!

The DR "wachiman" guys alone would take over Haiti in a day or two, let alone the P.N. or the DR puny little disorganized Army...

It's not about if the DR could, but why would we even do something like that?

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
Is there oil in Haiti? No
Is there anything worth the effort?No!
If there were anything worthwhile the US would be there

Best thing Haiti can do is declare WAR on the US...most countries that
do it, end up with American bases, money, re-structuring..etc....

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I know what this is about you want the Dominican Republic to be a part of the World Cup like all the rest of the Latin American countries. You see all the fun Costa Rica, Mexico, Colombia, Honduras, Ecuador etc. are having in Brazil and poor little Dominican Republic is NOT a part of it.

Dominicans CAN'T play football and they never will Haiti joining will NOT get Dominicans in the World Cup.

BTW Who do Dominicans root for in the World Cup????? Oh I know Spain.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know what this is about you want the Dominican Republic to be a part of the World Cup like all the rest of the Latin American countries. You see all the fun Costa Rica, Mexico, Colombia, Honduras, Ecuador etc. are having in Brazil and poor little Dominican Republic is NOT a part of it.

Dominicans CAN'T play football and they never will Haiti joining will NOT get Dominicans in the World Cup.

BTW Who do Dominicans root for in the World Cup????? Oh I know Spain.

Do Dominicans know there IS a World Cup?

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013

Yes and the USA should take over Mexico. No disrespect but that post seems to have little thought behind it.

Apr 7, 2014

Uhm, no. You are wrong. It is the same argument though...just as shallow as it has always been. But I will say this to your assertion "Their cheap labor is partly to blame as what's making the 1% of the Dominican Republic's fat cats fatter and the rest poorer." Your people dont want to work or put in any serious investment to anything practical or beneficial. The whole place is a majority of people who want things for free or with very little effort. Thats not a winning hand, Fred.

Apr 7, 2014
There's Gold in them hills boy! Gold to be had for cheap!

Ahem! Not really! Haiti is like a neutered black hole that can't seem to find closure in the fabric of time.

It's like having a piece of Africa right in our backyards.

The only part of Haiti that most resembles Africa is that valuable natural resource in the ground you just mentioned: GOLD. And that the general populace will none of the proceeds of its extraction on the open market. THAT is the closest thing HAITI has in common with the African CONTINENT.
If you were referring to the poor state of government management, corruption and illiteracy, why I think your country, the DR pales in comparison to places in Africa like Cameroon, Morrocco and Ghana.