places to eat

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
hi we are coming to Sosua in July,staying in an apartment, can some of you very knowledgeable folks tell me where is the best places to eat, will be cooking some meals ourselves, but fancy going out for a few evening meals so within easy walk of checkpoint would be a good starter, thank you in advance
Trudy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Orchidee, next to Rocky's has very good food at reasonable prices.

Aug 21, 2007
She requested fancy. Each person has their own idea of that.

Perhaps fancy would be Waterfronts. Or that place by Orchidee in front of the hotel......tried to Google it and could only find Pizza Uno, but it is more than a pizza place. Morua Mai. A bit further, but great, Ocean Club. In my opinion, Bologna is not as good since the new owners took over. I have heard good reports on a couple new places on Pedro Clisante.

Typically, when a place is new, it is good.

I always found Bailey's just so-so (other than Dominican lunch.) I love Orchidee. Never tried Olly's Pork Sandwich. But, I would say none of them are "fancy" in my opinion.

Looking forward to other recommendations.

Lindsey

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Well there are three or four new places that might qualify - on PC OPus Diem - or thats what I think the name is - where the old Oh La Vache used to be - very new ; The place in the Old Voodoo Lounge -Italian , Ocean Beach club down the side of Bolonge -go right to the bottm and into the glass portals - round to the left - great view nice selection of food but very expensive, or Bourdon in the old Victoria house.

Give them all a try !

Olly and the Team

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
To the OP, I can promise you something good to eat here - just tell me what you 'fancy' lol! I assume you will come and stay a night or two with me.... do some of you actually not speak English?

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
She requested fancy. Each person has their own idea of that.

Perhaps fancy would be Waterfronts. Or that place by Orchidee in front of the hotel......tried to Google it and could only find Pizza Uno, but it is more than a pizza place. Morua Mai. A bit further, but great, Ocean Club. In my opinion, Bologna is not as good since the new owners took over. I have heard good reports on a couple new places on Pedro Clisante.

Typically, when a place is new, it is good.

I always found Bailey's just so-so (other than Dominican lunch.) I love Orchidee. Never tried Olly's Pork Sandwich. But, I would say none of them are "fancy" in my opinion.

Looking forward to other recommendations.

Lindsey

Lindsey, what is your first language? ;) (sorry two posts)

Aug 21, 2007
Okay. I am bad. Sorry to all. English is my first language. In fact, I taught English. Humble apologies to all. Next time will avoid trying to do too many things all at once and thoroughly read prior to responding.

So. Now that I know, I would recommend Orchidee's. My go-to place when I want good eats.

Lindsey