5 Stupid Things Dominicans Believe About Colds

Feb 7, 2007
For cough, a tried and true recipe from my country is slicing onion into cubes (1 cup), putting a sugar over it, letting it stand for half a day and then drink the onion/sugar juice that comes out. You can "rinse and repeat" about 2-3 times within 24 hours. It really helps me with cough when I get it.

Feb 7, 2007
Been coughing the last couple of days and I was just presented by my lady with lemon and honey with a bit of onion in it. Just a couple of ounces, I drank it down assuming it cannot hurt me much.
De

Honey is good for lubricating your throat and it's very good if you have dry cough.

Feb 7, 2007
No Frank, pharmacies will not sell you meds to treat cold. I know quite well that common cold is caused by rhinovirus(es). But some nice "reliving" meds are good (I used to like Sinutab Te before it was pulled). They really help you, you feel better. Of course they do not treat the ailment, merely relieving you of its symptoms, but if I should chose between having a cold for a week and not doing anything, being miserable and congested all week long, and drinking te antigripal 4 times a day and being able to at least have some work done and feeling more-or-less reasonably fine (under the circumstances) *, I prefer the latter.

* I do admit that for many Dominicans (and other nationalities as well) being free of symptoms or with reduced symptoms may mean they think they are/have been "cured".

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
No Frank, pharmacies will not sell you meds to treat cold. I know quite well that common cold is caused by rhinovirus(es). But some nice "reliving" meds are good (I used to like Sinutab Te before it was pulled). They really help you, you feel better. Of course they do not treat the ailment, merely relieving you of its symptoms, but if I should chose between having a cold for a week and not doing anything, being miserable and congested all week long, and drinking te antigripal 4 times a day and being able to at least have some work done and feeling more-or-less reasonably fine (under the circumstances) *, I prefer the latter.

* I do admit that for many Dominicans (and other nationalities as well) being free of symptoms or with reduced symptoms may mean they think they are/have been "cured".

That last sentence is sooooo true and irks me to no end...

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm cruising, baby....cruising up and down the highway with my Honey...shaken the bush, Boss.

No calls yet.

I'll keep shaking the Bush!

Frank

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"What We Have HEAH Is a FAILYAH To Communicate"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pass the "Hard Boiled Eggs Please"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps, if I ever have to do "Life", I want YOU as my cell MATE!!!!!!!!!
I think I COULD change my luck !!!!!