Flight Attendant's Safety Speech

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This made me laugh out loud, not an easy feat, especially the end! :laugh:

I want to be on his plane, he deserves a raise.

[video=youtube;HNx5-bEKk8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNx5-bEKk8A[/video]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"for those of you travelling with the children: why?"
ha ha ha

this is the oldest stewardess i have ever seen.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was flying from london to berlin once, with ryanair. this polish dude read out the lines in a boring, monotonous voice. he got to the bit with life jackets and the fact they have small lights. with the same, bored tone of voice he continued: pull this cord to turn on the light to attract the attention. of sharks.
ha ha ha

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you think that they are still called stewardess's, you have to be at least as old as the flight attendant in the video.

what, is this word passe now? even in polish they are called stewardess, when did that become wrong?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
what, is this word passe now? even in polish they are called stewardess, when did that become wrong?

Stewardess was used in the 70's but now flight attendant or cabin crew is used because it is gender neutral.;)

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
a german flight attendant did a similar thing and received a written warning from his company (after you receive 2 it is very easy to get fired)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Stewardess was used in the 70's but now flight attendant or cabin crew is used because it is gender neutral.;)
I think the terms air stewardess and even air hostess are still used in the UK, but yes, it does sound a little quaint now.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This made me laugh out loud, not an easy feat, especially the end! :laugh:

I want to be on his plane, he deserves a raise.

[video=youtube;HNx5-bEKk8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNx5-bEKk8A[/video]

Sorry but flight attendants that think because they have a captive audience they now can have a comedy act are not funny but also kind of sad. If I want to see comedy it won't be at 35,000 feet.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
When I flew we were called flight attendants (stewardess before my time). Now cabin crew seems to be the more "appropriate" term. I always use to wonder when giving the safety speech what would happen to the 75% (more or less) of passengers who weren't paying attention if the plane ran into a problem. Those passengers not paying attention could easily be the reason you (the one paying attention) may not survive. I know everyone has heard the safety speech over and over but honestly it will come in handy if you need it. The very first thing I do when I get on a plane is count the seat backs forward and backward to the nearest exit. Because unfortunately the cabin crew may be busy helping those who didn't pay attention remember what to do so I may be on my own. I give the guy a lot of credit (or anyone) that can grab the attention of a plane load of passengers for a quick few minutes on something that might save their life. Sorry I will get off my soap box now...it is just a big pet peeve of mine.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
we use what we want in the uk, no one would be so rude as to tell you you were using the wrong term when both are equally correct- maybe trolley dolly would cover it- by the way ! where exactly is the cabin on an aircraft